• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Off Topic

newt

Canadian Breeder of Corns
How many of you have seen opposite attract? What I mean by that is how many have witnessed this happen in the reptile world. My friend has a Bearded Dragon, I gave my friend a mouse for his beardie to eat, it nipped at it for a day. The beardie ate half of the mouses tail, but never tried to kill the mouse. To this day they eat together sleep together and lay around together. I do have a pic of them sleeping together but the file is to big to post. I'll try to figure it out but Id like to hear from others on this topic.

Sorry I know this is a site for corn snakes but I had to tell and maybe show someone.

I just saw on Animal Planet, and forgive me I can't remember which zoo or what species of rattler. Anyhow some some zoo has a rattler and a mouse living together and it's been that wat for months!

The live mouse was offered as prey obviously. And the snake never went after it. However, the snake eats other live mice on a regular basis!

Very odd indeed, if I hadn't have seen the video of it, I would not have believed it myself.

Quigs

My cat used to protect our birds. The wings were clipped and our backyard was fenced off so we'd let them out during the day and they'd have a BLAST running all over the backyard chirping at each other from tree to tree, or playing in the sprinklers. And the cat would sit there the whole time, protecting our birds. If anything came close, the cat would chase it away. For years, she'd do this.

I got lucky one day though... I left the birds roam free in the living room (was cold out, and they were trained to poop in their cage) and I started to hear my cat making these strange noises so I came in to see what was up. Before I got there though I heard a LOUD thud, then all my birds started freaking out. A baby hawk crashed into the window and broke his neck on impact. Lesson learned.

I guess it's more "common" for a cat and bird to live in harmony (than a snake and mouse), but I've seen some strange creatures live in harmony like that.

I too saw on one of those "amazing animal" shows, a cow who took in an abandoned animals as her own. Nursed them as if they were her own babies. There was a dog, and I THINK a pig (I forget what the other animal was). They all slept together and everything. Not that these are natural emenies, but my point is it does happen.

I'd love to see the pic, newt. If you have somewhere to upload it to (or email it to me) I can shrink it and post it for you here. :)

Here's a pic of the Hawk. Turns out it was a Coopers Hawk and are very rare in my area. I had to get a license to keep it (and can never take it across the border), but I decided to have it stuffed anyway. Just a beautiful bird.

Attachments

• 100_0067.jpg
    100_0067.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 135
Jeff Linkchorst said:
wow spirit thats a cool pic. i would love to see a pic of the whole bird.

It was my dad's suggestion to pose him as such, but had I used my brain I would have realized I'd regret it later. lol! Now I would have much prefered a "resting" pose than attack, but oh well. I'll change the pic when the sun comes out... I've got him on my baby grand right now. :)

Meg: If anywhere, I'd assume they'd be closer to 2 hours north of where I live, but it's VERY rare to see one in my city. I was told this little guy was just a baby. Maybe 3 months old.

100_0064.jpg

Yes, the adult's have dark plummage with red on the chest. They're quite pretty when they get big.

lovley bird. the nearest thing i've got to on the bird of pray department is a close look at a kestral. It was about 20 yards away from me on a tlephone wire.

thanks Spirit that is a cool pic. I guess it does take up some space. birds of prey are my favorite. something majestic about them to me..

I love birds of prey too. It's red tail heaven around here. Drive down the highway and you'll sometimes see one every mile or so, perched on top of the light poles.

Sure thing, Jeff. It was years ago this happened, but if it happened now I'm not sure I would have made the same decision to bring it to a taxidermist.

Now if it were an eagle... Are you kidding me with their 10 foot wing span? Wow. Picture THAT sitting on my baby grand. *swoon*

Such a pretty bird. my cat would go wild! Was it expensive to have it stuffed? I can't believe they made you buy a license for a dead bird.

heres the pic

iv posted this pic twice and I appolagise for that but I told people about this pic and here it is. hope you all like it.

Attachments

• DSCF1359.JPG
    DSCF1359.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 40
Back