• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OHIO- Important Exotic Animal Owners’ Meeting

DAND

There will be an informational and organizational meeting regarding the upcoming restrictive Ohio legislature, which is presently being drafted. This law, when voted on and placed in effect will effect the current and may prevent the future ownership of reptiles, felines, primates and many others.

A bill to enact sections 1534.01 to 1534.14 and 1534.99 of the Revised Code to prevent persons who do not possess exotic animals on the effective date of this act from acquiring such animals after that date and to establish requirements regarding the possession and care of exotic animals by current possessors. (microchipped prior to submitting for permits which will be required per animal, agreeing not to sell, trade or barter the animal's body or parts, breed the animal, animals must be spayed or neutered at owners expense)

We need to get organized NOW if we want to maintain our rights.

The meeting will be held at Olde Summit Towne Restaurant on December 11th, 2005 at 1pm. Lunch buffet is optional at a cost of $11.50. The address for Olde Summit Towne is 14163 E, Broad Street Pataskala, OH 43062

Please contact Evelyn Shaw at 740-964-9040 if you have questions or need directions.

I live in Ohio...so what does this mean? If they vote this in, I would have to sell all of my snakes? Do they define "exotic"?

I am waiting (hoping) to receive this proposed Bill in e-mail form so I can post it here. I have a faxed copy that is not too clear and I don't see typing the 18 pages as an option (not that good of a typist-Bill would be voted on before I would be able to finish). As soon as (if) I receive it I will post it here.

Since you have the proposed bill, does it include all reptiles...even harmless snakes and lizards? I know we have an exotic animal ban in Dayton that bands snakes that are over 5 feet I think.

I can't make out everything, but there seems to be a number of animals, but not all "exotics". (i.e. there are some monitors listed but I didn't see crocs or gators listed) Is the beginning of something or is this just someone's hit list?

Back