• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok Finally-Cage Setup With Pictures

Jordan32

ok heres how my cage is now, i don't have the picture of my snake cuz i fed it this morning and don't want to disturb it until at least 2 days...anyways tell me what you think and would i should add/change

Note: I have a UTH on the bottom and I am getting a different thermometer soon(the digital probe one w/ humidity guage)

Thanks and please post pics of you setups also

Attachments

• rep1.jpg
    rep1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 124
  • rep2.jpg
    rep2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 128
OK guess, the pic is fuzzy but it looks like you have it. the light looks too bright and could produce too much heat. What wattage are you using ?

Get rid of the light. The UTH is plenty of heat if not more than enough. Make sure you have something that can control the temps of the UTH like a thermostat or rheostat.

the light watt is 75 and the only reason I have it is because it is in my basement and its too dark without, I want to move the cage but my parents wont let me lol, but if any one could help that would be great

thanks '
jordan

*Please don't yell at me for this*

I think you should use the heat lamp at your discretion. I live in Northern Illinois and my snakes are kept in the basement. During the winter, the temperature of the basement is about 60-65 F. I can keep the "warm" side at 80-85, but the "cool" side stays at the temp of the room. I use a heat lamp to help maintain an appropriate heat gradient. During the summer months, the heat lamp helps to cut down the humidity (I don't keep it on as long in the hotter months). I don't see too much of a rise in the temp because the basement stays at about 65-70 F in the summer.

If you find that you just need light for your viv, and not heat, you could use a flourescent tube. They are less expensive to operate and do not produce any heat.

I believe it is a 125 Watt Sylvania Brooder Heat Lamp, but I am not quite sure on the wattage. I have it mounted about 8 inches about the top of the tank (a 55 gallon), it is about 32 inches above the substrate. I use 2 temperature probes in my tank; one on the warm side and one on the cool. It doesn't look "pretty" but it works.

Like I've said, this is what works for me, because the ambient temperature in the snake room is too cold for a snake's "everyday living." Frankly, If I ever need to brumate, I have the perfect place for it. :grin01:

Back