• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok, I just have to share my girl Bella :)

evergreencorns

Hissypants
I was trying to hold out, because I know this site is dedicated to corns, but I can't do it anymore. I just have to share Bella with everyone.

Bella is my 9ft female Lavender Albino Reticulated Python. Her life story is one of those sad ones that you don't really want to hear, but you do just cause it's good to know what happens and how to avoid these situations.

Bella was seized with a number of large boids from a home where they were cared for in the worst manner possible. Nasty enclosures with unsafe edges and screens, enclosures that were too small, barely fed (they were feeding her a MOUSE a month, at 9ft!!!!!), and kept at horribly low temperatures. When she was rescued, she was immediately taken to the herp vet, and diagnosed with multiple injuries and problems. First off, she had a really bad Respiratory Infection. Second, she had a horrible gash on her forehead from who knows what, probably a sharp edge somewhere in her enclosure that she rubbed on. And third, she had an abscess in her mouth that extended down to her jawline, and ultimately resulted in her having the majority of the teeth on her right side removed. She was also a good 30lbs underweight for her size. This was almost 7 months ago now.

She has completely healed from her RI, and her injuries. She has gained almost 12lbs of that 30lbs of missing weight, and it's coming on fast now that she's realized she can eat!!

And the best part is, no matter how bad she was treated, she still loves humans (as long as she's not shedding, then she gets grumpy). She loves to hang out and watch movies with us, and just be there.
We love her very much, and were very glad when we got to take her in and spoil her here. She's got a safe boaphile now, with lots of space and is fed 1/2lb rabbits weekly as per her choice right now.

So for pics, I'll start with the one taken on the day she was rescued. No one took a full body pic of her because it was just too sad, but her head was the most concern. You can see how horribly dry her skin was, and how dehydrated she was.

And then I'll post some pics of her now. The last pic is one of my favorites, shows her silly personality. I was working on the computer, and she just had to watch me. :) So I took a pic.

Attachments

• 52732_110557_Large_rK53pF0oTCcL.jpg
    52732_110557_Large_rK53pF0oTCcL.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 101
  • 11292010340.jpg
    11292010340.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 11292010341.jpg
    11292010341.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 12022010459.jpg
    12022010459.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 12022010461.jpg
    12022010461.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 101
Thank you. She's a lucky girl. I'm so glad they got these guys out when they did. I can't even imagine what could have happened if it had been later.

I'm just so happy she's improved so much. Makes me feel really good.

She's so lucky to be in a good home! I bet she loves being a TV snake!! And you don't have to worry about her disappearing into the couch! Will her teeth ever grow back, or are they gone for good? That must have been horrible to fix. What a lucky, lucky snake.

I didn't know Retics could be cute! Good for you taking her in and getting her back to health. She looks amazing.

I was trying to hold out, because I know this site is dedicated to corns, but I can't do it anymore. I just have to share Bella with everyone.

Luckily, we love to hear stories and see pictures of people's other additions as well!
Bella has a heart warming story. Bless your soul for rescuing her and giving her a great home. She looks like she's doing great from the recent pictures. Thanks for sharing!

My friend Haley has a reticulated python. They are like inseparable. I've watched her answer the door with the 10 ft snake draped around her neck. Priceless! Good luck to you!

Thank you, I really do appreciate it.
I'm really glad to have her, she's amazing. I take her to snake friendly people's houses all the time. :D It's fun being able to show her off.

wow, what an awful story with such a wonderful ending :) It makes me happy that you ended up with her and she gets to be spoiled now. Also. She is GORGEOUS! Congrats to you, definitely glad she ended up in a better home!

She's one heck of a grumpy girl these last couple days though. She's getting ready to shed, so she's got a bad attitude and is pretty hissy. But, as long as she sheds good here in a few days or so, I'll be happy. Her last shed had a few stuck spots, but not too bad. We're getting there. Her skin quality has improved SO much from when I first got her. She felt rough and nasty, and now she's beginning to feel smooth and get her sheen back.

She shed pretty well last night, a few stuck spots but this time she didn't require help getting the stuck spots off, she used her water dish and got it all off there.

Here's an updated picture of her after she shed.

Attachments

• DSCN0527.JPG
    DSCN0527.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0524.JPG
    DSCN0524.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 22
LOL I've been working on her weight a LOT since we first rescued her. We've had her for two months and she's already gained 5lbs.

sounds like she's definitely headed in the right direction. I love the color she has (or lack thereof lol) I really like that the yellow isn't too thick and she's mostly the purple/white color.

Wow, 5lbs already? she must have been extremely underfed. The first pics don't do the cruelty justice. Btw if you ever decide you don't want her send her my way. My gf has a bunny that doesn't get along with me...

Back