• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok *phew* Guidence?

JenC

Missin her snakes
This is the first year im actually going to have money for the expo in october, and its making me go CRAZY! I can't decide on the things i want yet, and for me, to have things planned out before i go helps a huge amount so im not trying to touch everything haha.

The things i want:
~1.0 Pastel Ball/0.1 Female normal (why i REALLY dont know.. but i miss my bp's a little kinda haha..)
~Corns, preferably a motley and a butter and maybe an abbotts, amel motley too.
~Hoggie?
~A blood python, either a black or red.
~Albino patternless burm (female/male)
~Tiger retic female. (preff het albino)

I'm going crazy hahahaha.

So i'm asking, which do you guys think would be best? I know i know, in the end its all up to me, but sometimes hearing what you guys would prefer helps make my decision a little bit easier.

Well considering the big snakes you already have, I don't think any of those would be a problem for you.
But of course it being a corn snake forum I'm going to recommend a corn :p
You need a little snake.

Checkerbelly said:
I'm just curious how you have room for the snakes you already have. :eek:

Well my dad built the house we are living in so he made my room rather large hahaha.

Well, i definately plan on getting some cornies. Not only bcuz i miss them terribly but bcuz they are cuuuuuuuuute :) I really wanna get either a blood or another retic but im not sure btwn the two haha >.< lol

Definately ^_^ Im reallly leaning towards a blood and some corns. And maybe a ball python >.< not sure tho. haha

yay you made a list!! Now we wont have to be running all over the place at the expo (well we will anyway hahaha)
I thinkk, up yours I want the pastel bp haha
Deffitnally cornies,
yes a male ablino green
and you know me I vote a 'tic over blood 100% but since your getting another tic this week (unless you just want the tiger) I would say go for another burm (because ya know you dont have enough of those) or maybe bp pair.
Hoggies are adorablee! But wouldnet you rather have a partner for the sexy lady your getting this week?
I'll discuss this more with you later when you return from away >.<
haha <3

OK...my $.02...

Blood pythons are incredible looking animals. Having never seen one in real life, I don't have much of an opinion other than they are incredible looking.

A couple that didn't make the list, but should be considered(IMO):

Mexican Black Milk. I see you like 'em large, and these guys are incredible animals. I had the opportunity to handle two 10 year old adults yesterday, and they are GREAT snakes. Long, large, strong, and stunning in beauty. Plus you have the added benefit of watching your tri-color hatchling turn completely black over the years.

Extreme Hypo Honduran. If you find one of these guys(Shannon at High Sierra Reptiles might have one...they are one of his projects), they are phenominal. I handled a couple of his sub-adults and a couple adults yesterday, and I have never seen a more beautiful looking snake. The Extreme line of hypo makes them look like a painted toy. So beautiful they don't even look real. However...I'm not 100% sure they are available to the public just yet. Also be on the lookout for "Clown" albino Hondurans. Another gorgeous beauty that may or may not be available to the public this year, but will be in the year or two.

And on your list--hognose. I have always been curious about these little snakes, but having never seen one in person before, I wasn't sure. After handling a couple Mexican Hognose adults yesterday...I'm getting a pair...soon. These little snakes are incredibly cute and a pleasure to handle...squishie little critters with a great little face.

I am extremely partial to black bloods, those and red sumatrins being my favs. Although they can get to insane sizes, not in length but in width.

I also agree with Chris, Black milks are just amazing snakes. I have one, hes still a tri colour but hes just so beautiful. I love the whole idea of 2 snakes in one!

The mexican black kings? are black kings and black milks two diff things?

Yea if i find a MBK im totally going for it. And those freakin hondurans are AMAZING looking. If i had enough moeny i'd totally grab 50 of them hahahahaha.

Black bloods. hmmm.. I know ill get a blood so the color is def something to be decided.

Yeah the MBK's are different from the MBM's.. Elle has a thread out there somewhere of her new one, that still has his stripes, they turn black as they get older- and I think they get considerably bigger than the MBK.. I want to say like 6 feet or so, though I've never seen one in person.

tom e said:
Yeah the MBK's are different from the MBM's.. Elle has a thread out there somewhere of her new one, that still has his stripes, they turn black as they get older- and I think they get considerably bigger than the MBK.. I want to say like 6 feet or so, though I've never seen one in person.
Bigger than an MBK is an understatement. The two adult black milks I was playing with yesterday were easily 6 1/2 to 7' in length...

Back