• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

okay...so i moved...

norbert03

norbert and aelfric
and my landlord gave me permission to keep my snakes in the apartment. i have a pretty small bedroom and i installed an air conditioner on sunday evening, it's a single room cooling unit. last night i had it on and i went to pick up aelfric the cremesicle and he was pretty cold to the touch. he has a uth in his tank which is always kept on. during the day i use heat lamps for both of my snakes. i keep the temperature in my bedroom between 72 and 75 degrees at night. should i consider getting night glo lamps for the snakes or will the ac not bother them too much? i never had ac in my old apartment, which blew, but i had no concerns about my snakes then because it was always hot.

I wouldn't worry about it. My house has air and it's never bothered my snakes at all. It can dry the air out though, so you might have to watch the humidity levels at shedding time. Even during the winter when my snake room gets in the 60's, I turned the heat lamp off during the night. If they were too cool, they'd go in their caves at the UTH side and do just fine.

Back