• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Okeetee: Love vs abbott's

the local breeder has both lines. can i get some posts of adults from both??? just tryin to figure out what i want. thanks a lot people!!!

Abott's always look amazing, as they have super thick black borders that brings out their colors.

I have no clue what the hell a Love lineaged okeetee is though. o_O

Can you get pictures of all snakes you're considering up? :p

can try

i would think maybe kathy love???? but i will get a pic of the "love" line this weekend if i head to the pet shop. and the abbott's line should be ariving soon. he was waiting for the snake to double clutch.. should be next week or week after

As I have no clue what the 'love' line is and don't know of any lines Kathy has done, I wouldn't know what to say. Pictures would be helpful when you can get them.

And is this guy selling a snake after it's double clutched? I wouldn't buy that unless it'd been a few months after it's double clutched. Producing two clutches takes a lot of energy and strains the snake.

all i know is the snake was going to double clutch. when he is putting them (the hatchlings) in the shop i have not a clue. he has been around here doing this for a very long time. im sure he wouldnt put them up for sale until they have had time, im not buying the adult.

Abbott's are bred for thick black borders, and Kathy Love's line has some of the cleanest lines and richest colors I've ever seen. I don't have any to post pictures of, but I'm sure if you do a search on this board you'll come up with plenty of both.

I don't know that I'd be able to choose, both lines are absolutely beautiful! Get one of each!

I would love to help you out but mine are not adults. I have a female 09 abbotts and a male 09 love line. They do look a little different. Not a lot but different so far. The both have awesome wide black borders but the love line is a lighter color orange and looks just slightly cleaner if that is the best word while the abbotts is darker orange. I have a great camera but afraid don't really know how to use it to get the best photos I can but if you would like some pics I will do what I can to try and help out. Mine are definately different from eachother, mostly with the color that the orange is. They are both striking.

thanks a bunch!!!! so far i think i like the abbotts.... yet havent seen enough. and kad, if u dont mind pics would be nice. if not no biggie! thanks again yall

Both lines are beautiful snakes. It's hard to tell them apart at times. I think Lee Abbott's have a little wider black border than Kathy's line. I wouldn't turn down either if I was buying. Pictured is an Abbott female.

Attachments

• Corn Snake_Web Page.jpg
    Corn Snake_Web Page.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 228
Unfortunately my abbotts is in shed but here is her photo anyway just so you can see her borders.
The borders for mine are about the same just really the color of the orange.
The love line looks brighter and cleaner and the abbotts looks deeper and richer.
The love line is first and the abbotts in shed is second. Good luck, they are both stunning and just a little different which is why I snagged one of each.
I thought Walter has bred them both together and there is a photo of two adults together somewhere on this forum I am pretty sure, let me see if I can find that and confirm if that is true.
My abbotts is from him anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_7233.JPG
    IMG_7233.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7244.JPG
    IMG_7244.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
This is my Love line female, Rose:

hateling3a.jpg

And my male Abbot's, Fiesta:

fiestabench1a.jpg

Buy one of each and breed.
Its been done and the results were very impressive. After being told it couldnt be done and that it would produce normals too.

Both lines are beautiful but no snake is like the other....I've got Abbotts Okeetees with thick borders and one with smaller borders ==> the same with Love-Okeetees.

Every snake is unique and you have to choose...:shrugs:yep, its not easy but with both lines you can't go wrong :dancer:

Greetings,
Stefan

Back