• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Olaf the albino boa

spyderk

Just a member
A few weeks ago I gifted one of my corn snakes to my sister-in-law. She wanted to take a baby hognose (from our woods) home one day when they were visiting, but we talked and she decided on a corn snake. I'd been thinking of rehoming my ghost corn (was my son's but recently moved back to the main rack since he's more of a lizard kid), and I offered this one to my SIL, and she was thrilled to have her. I sent her home with supplies and mice, too, and I still get to see her.

Anyway, what is it about having an empty spot in your collection?! I wanted to fill it with another BCI, because I absolutely LOVE my first one, Casey. I also want to do reptile education locally, and for my last event, Casey was shedding, so I really could have used a backup! Anyway, even without doing small shows, I really wanted another boa in the family.

I found an ad through a local reptile FB group and went to visit a bunch of cuties. I didn't think I'd be able to get an albino, because at $300+, that would be too much for me to justify. I wanted to get one quite different from Casey though, since I really do not plan to have more than 2 of any particular snake species.

Long story short, the breeder found this little guy with an underbite. He said he might grow out of it, might not, but that it didn't affect him adversely. He was the same size as his siblings. And all of those boas were very calm and curious, not seeming nervous at the handling at all. He offered him to me for $100, and I figured this was my chance to have an albino. Technically he is a groovy coral albino 50% het anery. He has motley siblings so perhaps he is het motley as well. No matter since I don't plan to breed him, though.

My brother was looking at his eyes and said they remind him of a Swedish flag. After that, the name Olaf came to me and it just stuck. And yes, I have watched Frozen a million times because I have 3 little girls!

He was born March 5 2014 and was 67.7 grams when I weighed him. I am happy that I get to experience some tiny boa fun.

Attachments

• olaf1800.jpg
    olaf1800.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 122
  • olaf2800.jpg
    olaf2800.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 121
  • olaf3800.jpg
    olaf3800.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 121
Here are a few new pictures of Olaf. He ate a few days ago without any issue, and I am still waiting on a shed from him.

Thanks for the kind words!

Attachments

• Olaf1-800.jpg
    Olaf1-800.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Olaf2-800.jpg
    Olaf2-800.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 81
Between you and Joba, when I get another snake I've officially decided it's gonna be an albino boa. I don't even usually like albino snakes but it works sooooooooooooooooo well with the boas. Call my jealous! Beautiful new addition.

Olaf after his first shed with me.

Here is an updated picture of Olaf. He has gained weight, had quite a few poops, and one shed with me so far. We usually just call him Ole. He is the SWEETEST little guy ever. He is not snippy or nervous or anything, and he's a little under 4 months.

Attachments

• IMG_7326 800.jpg
    IMG_7326 800.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 61
I scrolled down to look at the pictures first and was confused! I thought the poor guy was maybe from a bad home or something. But he's just a little different!

Nope, just different. He has an albino motley sister with an under bite as well. The others had normal faces. I don't plan to breed him.

On June 13, he was 79.1 grams. He's had more food since then, and when he has digested his little hopper, I'll weigh him again!

:cheers: It's precisely because he doesn't have value as a breeder that it was so great of you to take him and give him a great home.

Thanks, Joba! :) We love our little Ole and can't wait for him to get big, too. There is not enough boa to go around at this house. Every morning after breakfast and before school starts, they start asking to hold either Casey or Olaf.

There is not enough boa to go around at this house. Every morning after breakfast and before school starts, they start asking to hold either Casey or Olaf.

That's so cool. My hypo male just hit 500g, and my albino girl, who is a year younger, is 340g. I just love them both.

Back