• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

one proud snake keeper

serpentina

What the deuce???
I just had to tell someone (that understands me anyway) my snake hatchling had a perfect shed this morning. I didn't get to see it happen but found the skin in his viv when I woke up.....that explains his unusual shyness lately. It's his first with me anyway and I was one happy camper this morning. When I tell people that I work with or are friends with, they just think I'm weird for even owning a snake to begin with. They don't know what they're missing. I plan to pick up a camera or borrow one soon so, I hope to post pictures of my Nag (pronounced Naaggh) soon. I named him after the Cobra in Rudyard Kipling's Riki-Tiki-Tavi (a personal childhood favorite)

I understand, the people I work with do not understand either. They did not seem to care that my corn moved from pinkies to fuzzies or that she shed.

I guess some people are just wierd. Them of course not us!!

people think my baby corns are icky worms, and my red tail is a monster!!!

i laugh and cuddle them close :) :cheers:

Some people are so weird my sister yells at me for holding my snake in the same room as her! My mom dosent mind much. :shrugs:

At thy pleasure Nag...

I had to take my baby bloodred into the vet about a month ago, and I was very "kindly" informed by a lady in the waiting room that snakes are NOT pets. Dogs are pets, and Cats are pets, but snakes are NOT. I ignore stupidity...

The receptionist on that same trip asked me why I have 7 snakes. My reply,"Because I don't have room for eight!"

I just keep mine in a snake bag at the vet until I can get it into the room. There it is given the proper admiration it's due! :) I bring at least one of my clan with me to the petstore when I go, and there's always one person who wants to know if they know who I am and if they have a personality...to which I always answer...YES!

Back