• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

One week, and another corn snake later (but, what is it?)...

Denizen

Well, my wife and I picked up our first corn last Saturday. I posted pics of him asking if he was an Okeetee or not (which I've discovered is a humorous daily occurance). He is doing great, so far, and is a great little eater.

When we went to get him last week, my wife (I let her pick) had a hard time deciding between the one we got then, and the one we got today (I can hear you laughing :) ).

We decided to go back and pick up the new one for the following reason. When my wife was deciding, I told her that the normal we picked up looked really cool, and the other one looked a little ordinary. I said, "I bet we can pick one up like that anytime."

Well, I believe - and I'm a total newb - that it is some kind of vanishing stripe morph. I looked and looked through breeders sites and galleries and so forth, and couldn't really find one that looks like it. The Anery vanishing stripe looks similar, but from what I understand are only available in the UK.

Long story short, we went back to get this one thinking it wasn't a very common morph. Was I right?

Oh, keep in mind the it's in blue right now.

Attachments

• stripe-1.jpg
    stripe-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 163
  • stripe-2.jpg
    stripe-2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 164
  • stripe-3.jpg
    stripe-3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 164
  • stripe-4.jpg
    stripe-4.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 164
Mu guess is vanishing stripe anery??? He's a stripe for sure. Kind of dark, so I'm not thinking ghost. I'm going with anery. Excellent choice!!

I'm gonna say.......

Possibly a caramel stripe, Head looks strange though, maybe its just the angle of the dangle...lol Maybe some rat snake to him, ????Hybrid
:dgrin:

No....

Not a Hybrid, took a better look..... The Caramel stripe would be my best guess with the clarity of the pics, I agree anery but we had one come out anery looking and now its developing color.

Her head is a little on the square, we've compared it with the classic. She also flattens her neck out when startled; but she is extremely cuddly, much like a ball python. I suspect she was picked up a lot, I visited her three times in the store and she never wanted to be put back. I couldn't figure out if she was just an anery or something extra, like a cinder. She came with an amel stripe that may turn into a bloodred. It was a difficult choice, but she just wouldn't let go of my wrist.

And my husband said she was too plain and to get the spotted one instead that turned out to be a classic.

Definitely an anery vanishing stripe. (And you will find quite a few of these bred right here in the USA! ;) )

And my husband said she was too plain and to get the spotted one instead that turned out to be a classic.

I told them that in the first post, babe. :rolleyes: (pardon us for talking amongst ourselves)

Well, I am glad that we went back after hearing what everyone here has to say. I was fairly sure it was rare but not 100%. I'm surprised I got it right (maybe).

We'll see if everyone still agrees for sure after a few sheds, but thank you all so much for your help and quick replies.

Definitely an anery vanishing stripe. (And you will find quite a few of these bred right here in the USA! ;) )

I looked all over and never found anything available here, and I saw a UK site that said they were exclusively working on it, so I assumed. Could you point me toward a site here that offers this morph, or do you know how much I might have paid w/o finding this deal?

Thanks for the help.

She came with an amel stripe that may turn into a bloodred.

What? An amel stripe is an amel stripe. I doubt that if this anery stripe and the amel stripe are from the same clutch that the amel is a bloodred. And if it were it wouldn't be cheap.

I looked all over and never found anything available here, and I saw a UK site that said they were exclusively working on it, so I assumed. Could you point me toward a site here that offers this morph, or do you know how much I might have paid w/o finding this deal?

If you are wanting vanishing stripe, like the one you have, I belive Jeff Morh, KJUN Corns and a couple others on this site make them. There is a wanted section in the classifieds here where you can post what you are looking for. :)

What? An amel stripe is an amel stripe. I doubt that if this anery stripe and the amel stripe are from the same clutch that the amel is a bloodred. And if it were it wouldn't be cheap.

If you are wanting vanishing stripe, like the one you have, I belive Jeff Morh, KJUN Corns and a couple others on this site make them. There is a wanted section in the classifieds here where you can post what you are looking for. :)

Honestly there's no way for us to know if any of them were from the same clutch, but I think my wife was just misunderstanding what a bloodred is. However, the bloodred hatchling was striped and the head was not grey. I thought that was weird. Does it mean anything?

Thanks for letting us know we can find another for later. I still haven't found a listing for one anywhere, but it's good to know I can post an ad here, and hopefully get what I want. I read somewhere - I forget now - that to get a vanishing stripe you have to breed two together. Is that right?

Anyway, thanks for all the help everybody :D

However, the bloodred hatchling was striped and the head was not grey. I thought that was weird. Does it mean anything?

I read somewhere - I forget now - that to get a vanishing stripe you have to breed two together. Is that right?

The grey head in an animal with the diffusion gene is a common phenotype with hatchlings but its not always reliable. With a Striped Bloodred you may end up with a snake that has no pattern at all or very light, the diffusion plus stripe gene makes for one sleek animal.

To get a vanishing stripe you would need either both animals to be homozygous (visually looking like vanishing stripes) or animals that are heterozygous (doesn't look like it but has the genetics for) vanishing stripe.

Vanishing stripe like Bloodred is a line-bred trait.

Hope that helps.

Did the one they called a blood stripe look kind of like this:

attachment.php

Back