• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

only half a shed

oreo1700

hi peeps
my corn is about 3 to 4 months old and she tried to shed about 5 days ago, which was about 3 weeks after her last shed. only the front half came off and then seemed to rip. the part that came off was perefect but now she keeps trying to get the other half off. she has plety of soaking water and many rough surfaces but its not comming off. please help.

Soaking water is useless if she's not soaking. (Is she soaking? LOL)

Soak her in luke warm water (80 degrees, use a thermometer - it will feel SLIGHTLY cool to the touch) or let her slither through damp towels. You can also try a humid hide, which will work great if she'll stay in it tonight. There are TONS of suggestions if you feel like doing a search.

Then figure out why she had a bad shed, and remedy the problem so it doesn't happen again. :)

my baby girl had a bit of trouble shedding for the first time as well. what i did was i waited for a day and she had still only shed halfway. i put some damp newspaper in there, and overnight and next morning she still had a way to go. i took drastic measures. i took her out and rubbed my fingers down her body whilst my fingers were damp and slowly but surely an hour's work finally paid off and she shed successfully.

One of my snakes would never completely shed for the first few months and I took some advice from the cornsnake manual. And great advice it is. I made a shed box thingie out of a small rubbermaid container, poked holes in the lid, and tore up newspaper, got it damp with warm water, and litterally filled the container with wet balls of paper. My corn finnishes shed in usually an hour. Works great! And there's no stress to the snake, all he's gotta do is slither around and off it comes. ;)

Dampen a paper towel and rub down the snake from the head towards the tail; imagine that you are wiping off a knife blade. :)

Back