• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oops?

Cmmngskm

Okay I made a ignorant decision and I know it and I won't make the same mistake twice, but I need to know what to do so please dont be harsh on me. I just need straight forward advice.

I fed my baby corn last Thursday and he ate it with no issues...and for whatever reason...on Friday I thought maybe he was still hungry since I fed him two last time...so the next day I fed him one again. Everything was fine on Saturday but on Sunday he regurged the pinkie given to him on Friday (didn't look digested at all). The odd thing, and the reason I'm posting, is that he digested the first pinkie (from Thursday) thoroughly. My understanding was regurging damaged their digestive systems and esophagus. So I would have thought he'd regurg both of them but he didn't.

So what do I do now? I know normally you wait 10 days til you feed them I believe less than half of their normal offering? Is that what I should follow in this situation? I dont want him getting sick again or dying because I made another bad decision :(

Side note: I got two new snakes on Saturday. One corn and one albino nelsons milk. They are all in seperate tanks. I was told that they were ready for feeding in one-two days at the reptile show but most people suggest waiting a week. I assume I should wait out the week despite their advice?

So what do I do now? I know normally you wait 10 days til you feed them I believe less than half of their normal offering? Is that what I should follow in this situation? I dont want him getting sick again or dying because I made another bad decision :(

Side note: I got two new snakes on Saturday. One corn and one albino nelsons milk. They are all in seperate tanks. I was told that they were ready for feeding in one-two days at the reptile show but most people suggest waiting a week. I assume I should wait out the week despite their advice?

I would wait the whole 10 days & give a half pink or a pink head. More experienced folks may have more advice on that.

The new snakes -- I would probably wait to feed. Maybe split the difference & wait 5 days? If they were eating well for the seller, they will be fine not eating for 5-7 days.

Good luck and good for you for asking these questions!

If it was me, I'd go with Betsy's advice.

Treat the first snake as though it had regurged completely, just to be safe. A smaller meal at a longer interval won't do any harm and might make a real difference to its recovery. Hopefully with one pinky successfully down the hatch, this will be fast.

I'd wait a week and let your new snakes settle in before feeding. I occasionally break this rule myself, but only with an adult and only to get it going with the feeding group it will be in. So if it arrives Tuesday, and everything is going fine, I will feed Saturday or Sunday. With a baby, I want to have every advantage I can for a successful first feeding. I feed every five days. I feed the new arrival baby on whichever day it falls in with the group, after a week. I don't handle at all during the settling in period.

I would also stick with the regular regurge protocol for the baby that regurged. Wait 8-10 days, obtain Nutribac from http://www.cornutopia.com, use that on all the meals for a while, start with a pinky head and work gradually back up.

How much does your baby weigh? Snakes very frequently look hungry right after feeding. Babies digest so fast that mine are often out the next day. I would never feed at less than a five day interval.

I would also stick with the regular regurge protocol for the baby that regurged. Wait 8-10 days, obtain Nutribac from http://www.cornutopia.com, use that on all the meals for a while, start with a pinky head and work gradually back up.

How much does your baby weigh? Snakes very frequently look hungry right after feeding. Babies digest so fast that mine are often out the next day. I would never feed at less than a five day interval.

I don't know how much Jynx weighs. He's gotten a little bigger since I bought him. I should have known better than to feed so soon and I don't know what possessed me to do it because in the back of my mind I knew it would probably back fire on me but I can't un-do it, you know?

So I'll wait it out, feed him a little at a time and get some of the Nutribac.
And I'll feed Trix and Onix this weekend just to make sure they are totally settled.

Thanks all for your advice. It's nice to getting direct answers instead of just researching and guessing it's what you should follow.

Back