• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

opinions please

kingkong

hi all. at the moment i have 2 corn snakes 1snow and 1normal.a friend of mine is buying the snow because they are both males. and i want to breed corn snakes .so i got hold of a breeder and he has 3 adult corn snakes at the moment all females he has 1silver 1black albino 1anathiristic motly i,m thinking about getting the motly but i would like your opinions and would love some photos.ps thanks

Well, if you breed any of those three to your remaining Normal, then you'll just get Normal hatchlings.

In order to get any of the morphs, you'd need to keep a male and female hatchling, raise them for three years and then breed them together. You'd still get Normals, but mixed with the different morph. It's a long-term project.

Personally, I'd hang onto the Snow, as this carries both Anery and Amel - it will give you a better chance of getting those colours in any hatchlings that you produce.

By the way, you might want to get more details of the three on sale, as "Silver" and "Black Albino" are not accepted Corn Snake morphs. Unless you have accurate information, there's no telling what you'll end up with if you decide to breed.

Good luck!

I've never heard of a silver either, but I have seen a few good breeders refer to the Anery A as a Black Albino.

Another thing not mentioned yet is that if you're planning on breeding something common like Anery A, you are going to want to make sure you have a good avenue to sell them or get rid of them or else you're going to end up with 15 baby snakes you can't get rid of and that can be costly!

Just thought I'd put that on your mind as well.

PR

Excellent thought Pruddock, Also have enclosures and space for all those babies, you might get stuck with........ rep your way pruddock

Excellent thought Pruddock, Also have enclosures and space for all those babies, you might get stuck with........ rep your way pruddock

Yes. I had this problem with a litter of 15 rabbits a few years ago. It was a nightmare! :D

Thank you for your agreement and the rep good sir. I think that is a big thing people don't think about when they breed the first time, especially with lower end morphs, as I know it was something I basically overlooked and my brother overlooked with his BP's. We were both fortunate, however, and were able to get them sold off without too much hassle. My suggestion to the OP would be to find your market and THEN breed your snakes so you're not sitting on 15 babies. If you were planning on keeping them all and forming a colony, then go for it ;) Hope that helps and glad you came to the forums :)

PR

Back