• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ordering from MiceDirect--Have a good laugh at me!

asymons

The Lab Rat
Hello! I intend to order pinkies and fuzzies from MiceDirect ($10 a bag!) for my expanding corn collection, however I am a college student and I noticed that the box shipping weight is ~30lbs including dry ice weight. The university's mail/package system normally involves the box being sent to our mail center (under my mailbox number), and I receive a notification when it arrives. I then pick it up from them.

My only concern is-- how large are these boxes?? And 30lbs? haha. Should I just try to have this delivered to a friend who has a house in town, or do you think that it won't be overly suspicious to the mail center that I am receiving a box of 200 dead mice? I don't think we have any policy that prohibits it, but I'd rather be discreet. :)

I would have it shipped to my front door (I live in my sorority house), however, if the box is too obvious I don't want any of my sisters to-- well, ahaha, figure out what's inside and feel uncomfortable.

So-- are the shipping boxes very overt? And are they that huge?

Thanks! :p

I'v only ever got LARGE orders, and the boxes are GIANT. PLUS, most of the companies ship in labelled boxes, so it will likely say RODENTS on the side. I don't remember if MD does, but they probably do.

One thing you CAN do since the mice companies ship UPS usually is have it delivered "Hold for Pick-UP" and you go get it at the local UPS office....so nobody ever sees the box "back home."

KJ

Even the small box is pretty big. It is usually marked "perishable" but it doesn't usually hint at what's in there.

Thanks a lot. :) I just emailed them asking if they'd be able to ship to a UPS/FedEx center. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Back