• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Our amel escapee found alive and well after 2 1/2 months!

QuickSilver

Our little 02 amel, Lava, escaped on March 12. We tore up the house trying to find her but gave up. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats so the chances of finding her were pretty limited.

Last night my dh was coming up the stairs from the basement and saw what he thought was one of our dd's plastic snakes, but then the head lifted up and looked at him.

She's thin, but not as bad as I would have expected. Her spine ridge isn't showing much at all. She hasn't grown longer, she's just 14 inches long. She's recently shed judging from her bright colors. We have no idea where she was, but assume that since we've turned on the cooler she came out of hiding looking for a warmer place.

We put her with water and she drank and drank last night, then curled up and got warm. This morning we went and bought day old pinkies for her and she gladly ate 2 and then burrowed back in to the aspen.

Why, look at what the cat dragged in...

luckily it didn't. ;)

Ah, home, sweet home.
Mice, oh so sweet mice.
Glad you found her.
Long time to be out playing...;)

Ah yes, the Parable of the Prodigal Snake...

Congrats on finding her. Many of us have been there and know how relieved you must be.

really glad that you got your amel back! A few years back we had a 2 foot long hypo corn escape in the middle of the summer. We gave up on him coz we had lost a few snakes before. Well, that January our neighbors a few houses down from us told us they had a snake in their kitchen so we went down and there was our amel corn , unfortunately the mouth was crushed like it got caught in a mouse trap or the neighbors had hit it, it died the next day. But on a brighter note I had anoyher Hypo corn about 2 feet long escape in June and on a hot July evening I was sitting on my front porch and out in the yard was this bright orange Hypo corn slithering across the dark green grass( I had the porch light on) so you can imagine my amazement at finding my corn after about a month. Both these snakes had escaped from my second floor.

Back