• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Our new corn

vripley

My daughter (she's a 3-YO) loves her new pet snake... He is a corn snake and his name is Mello Yellow. He is six months old (we've had him for 3 weeks) and he's albino. His color is striped butter, and she chose him because he is yellow (her favorite color). He's only about 14 inches long right now.

Here are some photos:

t1.JPG"

t4.JPG"

t3.JPG"

t5.JPG"

t2.JPG"

Here he is getting ready to chow down on a small pinky.
my.JPG"

Here's a video of the two having loads of fun together:
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/gAizVTdLzuU[/flash]

And... One more video:
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/4jdW6s71hCU[/flash]

^^ He's so cute, I love seeing younger people my age and even younger liking snakes, they are finally getting appricated. Ha, he is blonde like her too!

He is no "albino"....
He is a BEAUTIFUL Butter motley! (Which I prefer a wicked lot more!)

Well technically he IS an albino because due to his genetic makeup he lacks the ability to produce melanin (black pigment). He is genetically a butter motley which means he is homozygous for amel (albino) caramel and motley (which is a pattern variant).

^^ He's so cute, I love seeing younger people my age and even younger liking snakes, they are finally getting appricated. Ha, he is blonde like her too!

I totally agree! Seeing younger kids and kids my age intrested in snakes is so awesome! I have three nieces (4, 7, and 9) who LOVE to hold my José and Delilah. Its so cool.

Welcome to the forum, and the hobby. Mello Yellow's a pretty butter motley, and your daughter is darling.

The confusion may have come from the seller calling him a "Motley stripe". The correct classification for your snake is a Butter Motley though. Beautiful snake! He/she will hopefully develop more yellow as it grows. Keep us updated on your new snake and your beautiful daughter! They make a very cute pair. ;)

We just fed Mello Yellow 2 pinkies in a row and he loved it... He's six months old now and I figure we will do a couple more double loads before moving to fuzzies...

The little girl just adores him and grabs each visitor to our house by the hand and pulls them saying, "wanna come see my snake, Mello Yello?" (except she pronounces "yellow" as "lello").

:)

This thread has it all...
a beautiful butter motley cornsnake
an adorable future herper
and happy parents

What's better than that?

We just fed Mello Yellow 2 pinkies in a row and he loved it... He's six months old now and I figure we will do a couple more double loads before moving to fuzzies...

The little girl just adores him and grabs each visitor to our house by the hand and pulls them saying, "wanna come see my snake, Mello Yello?" (except she pronounces "yellow" as "lello").

:)

Aww, that's so cute :spinner:

your snake is very beautiful but your daughter is even more beautiful :0) Congrats on the new snake :0)

Back