• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Our new little hatchling

Denizen

My wife and I just took the plunge and acquired a baby hatchling. My wife has been asking and hinting for years, but until now our last son was too young. I've been wanting one for years as well (I want a king, though), but my mother absolutely hates snakes and I'll never hear the end of it if she finds out. Oh well, sshhhh!

We're being very indecisive on a name. I wanted to name him Fingers, and my wife wanted Agamemnon, but she doesn't like mine and the boy can't say hers. So he's nameless for now.

Well, here are the pictures. 1. curled up, 2. moving around, 3. checkered? belly shot, and 4. Having a snack.

Oh, we aren't sure what he is, but after looking at lots of hatchlings and reading quite a bit I think he's an Okeetee of some sort. Can anybody help us figure that out?

Attachments

• baby-hatchling-1st-day-ball.jpg
    baby-hatchling-1st-day-ball.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 91
  • baby-hatchling-1st-day-home.jpg
    baby-hatchling-1st-day-home.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 91
  • baby-hatchlin-belly-shot-we.jpg
    baby-hatchlin-belly-shot-we.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 1st-feeding.jpg
    1st-feeding.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 91
Looks like a "normal" aka "classic", Denizen. It -could- be an okeetee but you'll need to wait for it to grow up to see if those black borders get thicker.

Looks like a "normal" aka "classic", Denizen. It -could- be an okeetee but you'll need to wait for it to grow up to see if those black borders get thicker.

That's too bad, if so. My wife was a bit excited at the possibility. I'd still prefer a normal to many of the morphs, though.

I thought the checkerboard belly was particular to the okeetee morph. I've misunderstood, I suppose?

Oh, we named her Capricorn :D

Okeetee is a locality, or a "locality like" phase- either corns that arrived from said locality or that were bred to look like they have.
Today, it's usually all about more intense colors and distinct black borders.
So the checkered belly is not unique to okeetee.

Back