• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Our normal 'Toes'

EtherRex

Otter-Like
Thought id post some pictures of our 03 normal. She is now 18 inches long and eating 3-4 pinkies every 5-6 days. She is a very settled almost boisterous snake. I did try feeding a fuzzy to her 17 days ago, but although she ate it fine, it took a week to digest and Im pretty sure she threw a small portion of it up also. Was a very pale brown colored sludge, quite unlike her normal faeces? Anyone confirm this for me? She seems fully recovered now and devoured three largish pinkies last night after completing her shed eight hours beforehand.

The hands arent mine! ;)

Attachments

• headsm.jpg
    headsm.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 179
ok that snake hatched this year and is eating 3 to 4 pinkies at a time every 5 to six days what month did he/she hatch because that is monstorous

Richbreaks said:
ok that snake hatched this year and is eating 3 to 4 pinkies at a time every 5 to six days what month did he/she hatch because that is monstorous

She was bought from a respected breeder here in London, (although he got her from another breeder) on the 2nd June. I was told she was five months old at that point.

Do you mean that the amount of food she is eating is monstrous or that her size is, or both? I dont believe im over feeding her, having read a lot and consulted with the guy I bought her from, allthough im happy to be corrected if I am. She is strong, active, alert and always actively seeking food three days after feeding. In fact if I wait any longer than 5-6 days she gets bloody angry.

@NCSUjle. It may just be that this photo was taken later the same day she shed. She does have a bit of orange/brown colouration on her ventral scales though (is that in line with Hypomelanistics?). Im not upto speed on colour morphs though.

You're doing fine, and I would say that your snake, being six months' old, is right on schedule for food and growth. The reason it seemed excessive to some, at first, is because most '03 snakes are just now hatching, or are only a month or so old. 3-4 pinkies every 5-6 days WOULD be huge for a month old corn, but your situation is fine.

As to the coloration, I would say that your animal appears to be a normal to me. Although the balck outlines of the markings are reduced in width, they appear to be black enough to rule out hypomelanism. Of course, the only way to fully know, is to perform breeding trials, but that would be a few years down the road, most likely. Further, I'm not certain if hypo is the gene on which you want to be spending time doing breeding trials . . . it may prove more mind boggling than it's worth!

Nice snake . . . Have fun! :cool:

Thanks for the re-assurance Darin, im really enjoying having her (im convinced she's female. I can feel it in me bones! :D ).

I agree about breeding. I dont intend to breed snakes in the foreseable future. Maybe if I was rich and idle, but I cant even consider it whilst im just idle.

4-5 Pinkies? Wow. Have your tried feeding it fuzzies? When mine started to eat 2 pinkies w/o any problems I moved them onto fuzzies until they where eating those w/o a problem. Now they are eating adult mice. Try it if you think that your snake can handle it.

Joel

BTW Great snake! I like the bright color.

I have noticed when I switched my corns to fuzzies, the "new" poo is suprising! It doesn't look quite the same, and unless it smelled REALLY foul, it has just changed as the prey has changed. Fuzzy have more "fuzz" and more bone.

But if it smelled like really strong, foul and stunk the entire cage up it was a regurg. But IMHO that snake could eat a fuzzy no problem. Thats why I think what you saw is poop!

:D

bmm

joelzstuff. 3-4 pinkies, she has never eaten 5. I have tried her on a fuzzie though. She took a long time to digest it. She still had a lump after 7 days.

She is a beauty isnt she. When I decided to buy a snake I was going to wait for a hatchling in august, but when I saw this snake she was so pretty and relaxed I had to have her :)

bmm. Her main faeces was fairly smelly with largish particles in it but it definately wasnt a regurge, there was eurates with it which has me convinced it was a faeces. The last one (that i suspected was a partial regurge) was smooth (almost peanut buttery!) and very pale brown. Quite strange. It did not really smell.

I switched back to pinkies to give her a chance to get a few 'easy' meals down just in case she had regurged. I will probably feed her the two pinkies i have left on sunday and then try her on a fuzzie again on friday or saturday.

Sound reasonable?

Last edited:
Sounds very reasonable! And you'll notice a huge growth spurt when you get it on fuzzies, they are so much more nutrional than pinkies!

Beautiful snake, and good luck with the larger prey! It can definitly take it! :D

bmm

Back