• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

our racks and some in-viv pics

4riscorn

ACR#774 NevaeH Reptiles
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

I see you!!
IMG_0002.JPG

Beautiful set up! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that aquarium set up displayed in your last couple of pictures? That is exactly what I am looking for, for my corns. I would LOVE to have an entire living room full of aquariums with corns, just like that!

Are you referring to the rack Tara or the actual contents? The racks came from Big Lots (one in the corner with all vivs) and Lowe's (the one with Jewels on top and Sterilite). The Big Lots rack has one more shelf that can be added but it was tall enough for us shorties here in our house. We plan on getting another set up since we have 3 more corns coming this week which will leave only one hatchling/juvenille spot afterwards and we plan on getting more. We just need to find another spot. We have another wire type store display in our son's room with 4 10 gal vivs. We have UTH on the glass vivs and flexwatt from Reptile Basics (the do the wiring for free for you) on the sterilites. Everything else is from our local Noah's Ark, a family run pet shop.
Here is the 10 gal rack. We also have a single 10 gal viv in our bedroom. Mike wants to make a coffee table viv...we'll see if that takes shape.
IMG_0457.JPG

Are you referring to the rack Tara or the actual contents? The racks came from Big Lots (one in the corner with all vivs) and Lowe's (the one with Jewels on top and Sterilite). The Big Lots rack has one more shelf that can be added but it was tall enough for us shorties here in our house. We plan on getting another set up since we have 3 more corns coming this week which will leave only one hatchling/juvenille spot afterwards and we plan on getting more. We just need to find another spot. We have another wire type store display in our son's room with 4 10 gal vivs. We have UTH on the glass vivs and flexwatt from Reptile Basics (the do the wiring for free for you) on the sterilites. Everything else is from our local Noah's Ark, a family run pet shop.
Here is the 10 gal rack. We also have a single 10 gal viv in our bedroom. Mike wants to make a coffee table viv...we'll see if that takes shape.

I was referring to the racks, thanks a million for the response. Must go to Lowes now....

They have all kinds of sizes there too. Just make sure it is one of the stable ones. They have cheaper ones, we only paid $40 for ours anyway, that aren't as stable.

Nice Setup...Your Collection is getting big...Hows Apollo doing?

He is doing great! He is super sweet and eating well. We have 12 now with 3 coming next week! Thanks again Kory!

Very nice! Where did you get that black plastic rack in the 2nd picture? Is that the one you said was from Lowes? And about what are the dimensions on each shelf?

IMG_0457.JPG
wow! great set up! where did u get the rack for the 4 10g vivs? if u dont mind me asking....:D

Nivek5225-The rack in the corner, the tall one with the 20 gal vivs came from Big Lots-$32. It is 54" tall with one more rack that could be stacked, 36" long, with about
31 1/2" long at the right angled corners,18" wide (back to front) and each shelf is
16 1/2" deep (meaning from top to bottom)
The one with the sterilite containers is the one from Lowe's. It is 28" high, 36" long, with 30" long where the leg poles go down through the sides (which means unless you use skinnier containers, only 1 big and one med will fit, 2 big won't fit side by side), 24" wide (back to front on each shelf), 6 7/8" deep-from shelf to shelf, pole height..we actually had to cut down the poles a little so that it is a snug fit using the lids..the shelves have holes so if we didn't use lids, they could escape.

CULEBRA85--the 10 gal viv rack came from the Dollar General Store. They were doing resets and we were able to get a few of their old racks. We were going to use 2 with long shelves for 20 gals in between each rack but ended up getting larger snakes and went with the other ones.

Now we have to get another rack and don't have a clue where to put it. I told hubby I would move one of my book cases somewhere and we could put it there but he doesn't want to do that. When our daughter goes away to college--if she does--having attitude problems about where we can afford to send her---her room is going to be the snake room. She hates living here so we don't have to worry about her coming back and we having to move it all back out.

WOW! I'm very impressed. This is very close to what I've been wanting to do. You give me so many ideas... :D

Back