• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Outside Pics ???

Plums

Hello every1,

I want to be a bit more creative when taking pics of the boys, & have seen quite a few shots that have been taken outside.

Is there anywhere thats a 'no go' when doing this? obviously im sure time has to limited due to heat source being needed, but really want to take some interesting pics, especially when I get my Royal in a few weeks..

can the snake catch mites or anything else from grass or woodland areas ?

thanks

P.s sorry if you guys are sick of reading my threads.. I seem to be adding everyday on here now

Plums said:
Hello every1,

I want to be a bit more creative when taking pics of the boys, & have seen quite a few shots that have been taken outside.

Is there anywhere thats a 'no go' when doing this? obviously im sure time has to limited due to heat source being needed, but really want to take some interesting pics, especially when I get my Royal in a few weeks..

can the snake catch mites or anything else from grass or woodland areas ?

thanks

P.s sorry if you guys are sick of reading my threads.. I seem to be adding everyday on here now

someone must know ???!!! please ????!!

You only posted this a few hours ago! Give us a chance.... :rolleyes:

I find it very unlikely that ten minutes in a tree can have negative consequences for your snake.
And don't worry about heat source... snakes can certainly go more than a photoshoot with no heat mat. Besides, what do snakes in the wild use for a heat source? The sun. :)

thanks Pissken (think i spelt it right!!)

well theres not much sun at all here in UK !!!

Thanks for replying, i forget the time difference as most of you are in the States!!

Plissken said:
You only posted this a few hours ago! Give us a chance.... :rolleyes:

I find it very unlikely that ten minutes in a tree can have negative consequences for your snake.
And don't worry about heat source... snakes can certainly go more than a photoshoot with no heat mat. Besides, what do snakes in the wild use for a heat source? The sun. :)

just realised you are in UK !!

ha ha

Joe (CaptBogart) and I have two trees in our yard that we usually use for our outdoor pics. Since we live in Florida, sun and heat are no problem. We always shake out the branches before we put the snakes on them to avoid any ants or other small bugs if possible. (We have fire ants which can be really nasty!) We also closely check over the snakes before bringing them back in the house to make sure they have no uninvited guests crawling on them. We have had no problems with mites, ants or anything else hitching a ride back in with them.
For me anyways, the hardest part is getting them untangled from the branch to come back in the house! They really seem to enjoy being out there. :)

For future reference, a thread like this should go into the Photo Gallery sub-forum, Photography Techniques and Equipment.
And yes, I take pictures of my snakes all the time outside so there's no problem to it. :cheers:

MooreSnakes said:
For future reference, a thread like this should go into the Photo Gallery sub-forum, Photography Techniques and Equipment.
And yes, I take pictures of my snakes all the time outside so there's no problem to it. :cheers:
But the snake isn't really 'equipment', and the poster was worried about possible health concerns :shrugs:

diamondlil said:
But the snake isn't really 'equipment', and the poster was worried about possible health concerns :shrugs:

Exactly my thoughts.. If i had a problem with the pics I was taking of the snakes outside, then, I would of started the topic in the other section, as this was asking about possible health risks to the snakes, due to taking them outside to take pics of, then I think its in the right place !!

diamondlil said:
Hmmm . . . what was I thinking when I typed that? :shrugs:
I'm pretty sure there was a good reason . . . Oh well, that makes sense :crazy02:

Back