• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Outsmarted by my corn

mcarabian

I like to check the viv at least once during the day and once at night. Sometimes I pull out Esteban to handle him (usually at the end of the day), but mostly I check where he is and then leave him alone.
So today I was digging through the aspen, looking for Esteban, and I couldn't find him anywhere! I pulled out all the hides and both watering bowls, I pulled out ALL of the aspen bedding (we have way too much bedding in that viv, it's at least 2 - 3 inches deep) and still no Esteban.
It is at this point I started sweating - sis is stil at school and I have no way of contacting her to ask permission to mess up her room in order to look for Esteban.
Out of desperation, I check the hides one more time, and without thinking about it, I pull out the moss from the moss hide and Esteban plops down. He was hiding under the damp moss, except he did it so well I couldn't even see him the first time I peered in there!

Esteban = 1, McArabian = 0 :rolleyes:

Aw sad, you were out smarted by an animal with a brain the size of 1/2 a dried pea. :roflmao:

lol actually that's my husband's line. I stared by saying a pea, but well, that's being generous :eek1:

HA! i was looking for my BRB one time and i could not find her! i started to get worries, then when i am taking my head out of the cage i notice that she is on the top branch of her climbing thingy, an inch away from my face, Now that scared the S**t out of me! :eek1:

I have peered into a cage & not been able to find a snake. So I went to take off the top. Little snake was squished up there. I startled him so much he completely fell over side ways. I felt bad, but it cracked me up :grin01:

This same thing happened to me, like two days after I got Majik,and I was like, "This is craptastic! I got her two days ago, and she's already gone!? I'm disowned..." But then I went digging thru the aspen and found her.

I am not sure I should admit this, but we 'lost' Layla once. Two of my daughters and I went through her tub, the aspen, took everything out and couldn't find her. We were in the process of tearing apart my bedroom looking for her when my third daughter walked in and asked what we were doing. When we said looking for Layla she responded with " uh, she is in her tub". There Layla was looking innocent. We still have no idea where she was hiding, but we definitely felt 'had', lol.

Prieta: I guess I deserved that :p

These stories are great though :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who was fooled by my snake :grin01:

Back