• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Paint?

CornCob

I plan on making some cute hides for my snow corn, Snowflake. I was wondering if I could use regular paint you use on walls. Like the sample sizes from lowes. The kind I want to get (i picked out the color) is Valspar. Will it be okay??? Also I anted to know if the fake flowers would be okay to use in her terrarium (I would wash them and hot glue them to the tank). I'm kinda going for a "girly" theme, because he terrarium is on my desk and it's bare right now...(only the necessities, ie. water, bedding, and tissue box hides)

I don't know for sure, but I know acrylic is safe, you can use Krylon or I just used small 2oz bottles of acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby for .67 each. I got 6 colors or so, so I'd have a little variation, but when I painted them and used the other colors, they all look quite similar. THey have any color you'd want in those small bottles.

I just found some air-dry clay from crayola, its nontoxic, would that be okay to add little details to my hides?

That's what I made mine out of. Did you see the thread on DIY hides? I posted a pic of some of the ones I made. I need to seal them today. they were fairly easy to make, I made a total of 12 from the 5# bucket of clay from target or walmart. I broke one so I have 11 and some are larger.

Oh, okay cool! Thanks for answering me! :) Do you know if fake flowers are okay to put in her viv?

Yes, fake flowers & vines are nice! I'm getting ReptaVines for all of mine. Take pics when you make your hides, it's fun to see people's creations.

Okay, will do! I'm actually almost done! (well i have to buy paint and then paint them but other that that...)

cool! Let me know when you put it up. I'll be anxious to see yours! I have to run & get a couple things so hopefully I can use that other clay I bought. Of course it's raining and I need to spray the sealer on them.

I live in an apartment so no garage. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. I still haven't gotten everything up on my new vivs, had to run to the store. I'm gonna go watch your video!

That was nice, you're cute! I guess you would have a problem making your type of hide with that clay. Some earlier up in the post said you have to use mesh wire if you want the clay to be supported. I got some screen but I got the wrong kind and it didn't work.
I need to get busy fixing up my vivs!

Back