• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Palmetto Corn Snake

You can't? Only one person has these, Don Soderberg at SMR (cornsnakes.net). He is the sole owner of any breeding and sellable palmettos. They are $4,000.00 each.

yeah i read that on on that site. those snakes are gorgeous and it's pretty damn cool that he's the only that has them and only selling a couple females over the next couple years. i'm still too much of a newbie to drop that kind of money on a snake lol. thanks for the reply

What do you mean by "hybrid"?

I think you mean morph combos which is different. If that is the case the answer is not available at this time. Last year was the first year they were produced in captivity in homozygous form. So Morph combos are a few generations away.

Simple.
Sell a lung!!!

Here, maybe this'll help lol
original.jpg

so does that mean there are probably none left in the wild because of this male that was caught and what is it that caused this extremly rare morph.is what i would like to now... how is this the only nown wild palmetto. and how are so many of his offspring comeing out as palmetto if its so rare. does anyone now.. im very interested in the process of genetics...exspecially how his came about...

so does that mean there are probably none left in the wild because of this male that was caught and what is it that caused this extremly rare morph.is what i would like to now... how is this the only nown wild palmetto. and how are so many of his offspring comeing out as palmetto if its so rare. does anyone now.. im very interested in the process of genetics...exspecially how his came about...

It's a recessive gene; this means that even if it is the only male in existence, it would have to find a female in the wild to breed with carrying the Palmetto gene to create more wild Palmettos. The chances of that are slim to none. The chances of the original Palmetto even EXISTING in the wild are one in billions. Yes, this is the ONLY known one in existence. There are "so many" cropping up from breedings now because this is the second generation. The first generation was the original Palmetto male to a normal female. That made a clutch of 100% het for Palmetto babies. Any of those babies bred back to the father (the original Palmetto) have a 50% chance of being Palmetto themselves. It's simple Mendelian genetics.

Congratulations! Good! Contact us!

It’s very likely that your health is almost ideal!

That means that your kidney is really costly!

Welcome to our clinic!

I noticed SMR is starting to sell females only for $2,000.
I have tried searching but i dont think im throwing in the right keywords.

Why would females be less?
Wouldnt they pass on the same gene as a male?
Im just getting to reading about breeding and genetics so i please forgive, i did try to search.

Back