• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Passed up a couple corns

ZiVvmO

I was at Petco just now looking for a new warm side hide for Abbey, and I took a gander at their corns in stock. Among the 5 they had, one was a snow motley, and one was an anery aztec. I thought, at $40 each, that's not a bad deal. Being that I'm not really a huge snow or anery fan, I left them to another happy owner (or doomed to die when some redneck comes in to buy their kid a snake...:uhoh:).

If anyone's interested and in the Tulsa, OK area though, Petco on 41st street at Southroads.

I have passed up some fair looking corns in Petco before I just hope they all get a good home.

My local PetLand sells corns snakes for almost $200....even if it's just a normal. LOL. The best part is that they always give them strange or incorrect names... like "red blood" instead of blood red... They had an anery labeled as a butter.

I had to ask about that one... When I inquired as to why a breeder would label a black and gray corn snake as a butter, the employee shrugged his shoulders and went on about his business.

Their corn snakes always like brittle, as if you could snap them in half just by looking at them the wrong way. I always pass on pet shop reptiles. I've never had any luck with them. The only thing I've ever got for buying a pet shop snake is mites and a dead snake within a few days. Why would I do that, when I can go to an expo and buy from someone who knows what they're doing? hehe.

I was recently at a pet store in owasso and was appalled at the condition of the snakes. A boa still had dried up skin stuck to its head and not a small patch at all, almost the entire top of its head was covered. Some of the snakes were so skinny, it was sad.

However, a pet store in broken arrow, love a pet I believe, had a pretty good variety of baby corns. The guy who worked there breeded them.. they were in good shape and seemed pretty healthy. Though, a bit pricey, $80.

It really depends on where you go. Some are good and some are bad.

$80 is a bit much for a pet store corn unless its a morph of some kind. Heck my snake was only $45 I think and I got him from a breeder.

Back