• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pearls

Thoth

the n00biest n00b
I was thumbing through an older edition of Kathy Love's book, and there's this rad pic of a pearl corn. I've never seen this morph mentioned anywhere else, and I've never seen it for sale anywhere online or in stores. Does this morph have a different name now? Did it just get lumped in with blizzards since it's all white?

Nowadays "pearl corn" refers more to a leucistic ratsnake crossed with a corn. I think pearl might have been an early name for opal?

On page 116 of Kathy's first book, it gives the genetic make-up of the Pearl corn in that photograph...triple homozygous amel, anery A and lavender.

Personally I like "Pearl" for the triple homo combo in question. "Glacier" would be my second pick. I especially care about this as I have hatchlings from whom I plan to produce "Snopals" in a few years. I plan to call them Pearls. :grin01:

I noticed that same reference in Kathy's older book when I was re-reading it a couple of weeks ago. I was like, "Hey, that's what I am planning to hatch out. I sure like that name better!"
angry.gif

Oh, okay. So I *have* heard of them elsewhere, just with a different name. So...how much would one expect to pay for a hatchling of this particular morph? :)

Dunno! I paid $150 shipped for my opal het anery and my snow het lavender. Crossing those two, I should get decent odds at the Pearls. I would guess $200 for Pearl, considering these aren't rare genes we are talking about. Maybe someone that has sold some recently can chime in.

Back