• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Peppermint Tesseras

vovalyosha

Хоккей и
Okay, so after working on another project, I am coming back to corn snakes and thought it'd be interesting to see some Peppermint Tesseras. I was messing around on corncalc, but obviously there isn't a tessera option and I was kind of confused.

Obviously, it's cinder x amel to get a pep. The hatchlings I am hoping to acquire are Amel het Pep Stripe.

Male: Amel het Cinder, Stripe

Female: Amel het Cinder, Stripe

Phenotype:
9 / 16 Amel 66% poss het. Cinder, Stripe
3 / 16 Amel, Stripe 66% poss het. Cinder
3 / 16 Amel Cinder ( Amel, Cinder ) 66% poss het. Stripe
1 / 16 Amel Cinder, Stripe ( Amel, Cinder, Stripe )

Genotype:
1 / 16 Amel
1 / 8 Amel het Stripe
1 / 8 Amel het Cinder
1 / 4 Amel het Cinder, Stripe
1 / 16 Amel, Stripe
1 / 8 Amel, Stripe het Cinder
1 / 16 Amel, Cinder
1 / 8 Amel, Cinder het Stripe
1 / 16 Amel, Cinder, Stripe

But how would you figure in the Tessera? With my luck, I am hoping to get an Amel Tessera, so how would that fit into this? Would this work in the F1 generation, or F2? Would an Amel Tessera or just normal Tessera do the trick?

If you breed a normal Tessera to an Amel het Cinder Stripe you'll get half Tesseras het Amel poss het cinder stripe.

If you breed an Amel Tessera you'll get Amel Tesseras poss het Cinder Stripe.

If I were you, I'd make the Peppermint Stripes first, then add in the Tessera. You're better off with 100% hets than possible hets.

I think there are Tesseras het peppermint available now, though.

That makes sense. If I make Peppermint Stripes, I would breed them to a Normal Tessera and that pairing would produce Peppermint Tesseras and Peppermint Stripe Tesseras?

I actually looked for Tesseras het Peppermint, but the only ones I could find where from Tom and I have no idea if he'd actually be willing to part with them. This one actually turned out to be Tessera het Peppermint Stripe at that.
https://iherp.com/Public/Animals/ViewAnimal.aspx?AnimalID=104923

Once you had the Peppermint Stripe, you could breed to a normal or amel Tessera, to make normal or amel tesseras 100% het amel cinder stripe. You can probably find a tessera het or homo stripe pretty easily now.

So it would be an F3 generation that would produce Peppermint Tesseras/Peppermint Stripe Tesseras. Whew. I think I will just focus on the Peppermint Stripes for now. Thank you for helping, Nanci! :)

True, true. I know Carol has one for sale, but I'm hoping to get a pair of her 2011 Amel het cinder stripes already. :p

Back