• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Petco Pickup - Fire?

MindsEyeExotics

I'm 99% sure this is a fire. Anyone else think otherwise? Maybe het. sunkissed because of the head pattern? I know there is only one way to find out, but that will take a long time haha I got it at a reduced price because it's a nonfeeder, but hasn't been offered anything but f/t, so I think it'll be fine. There are no belly checkers if that matters. So I'm definitely saying bloodred and amel.

Attachments

• fire1.JPG
    fire1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 156
Yeah the more I look at sunkissed the more I was mistaken about the pattern looking like that..but I think it has bloodred in it for sure because of the clear belly and several of my bloodred babies had that head pattern..but I'm terrible at declaring morphs lol

The clear belly definitely matters. It indicates either diffused, stripe, or both. In this case, diffused. And the head looks like masque to me.

The first thing I'd try to feed would be a boiled pink. See my threads OMG Three Babies Ate!!! and Diary of a Non-Feeder for specific cooking instructions and the most successful tricks I've used this season. Basically, thaw the pink in warm water, then pour boiling water over it and feed, still boiling hot.

I'd feed in a deli cup, in the evening, with the cup covered up with a towel or whatever so the baby can't see out. I think the tiny dark feeding container is nearly as important as what you are offering. Leave him covered for an hour or two without peeking.

If he doesn't take a boiled pink, the next thing I'd try is Ivory soap washed. It has to be Ivory original scent dish liquid. Snakes _do_ discriminate between soap brands, and Ivory is the most popular. But if he doesn't like Ivory, he may like Dawn or Palmolive or Joy or Dial. All those have worked.

Thanks for the tips, I will try it once it settles in :) I also have geckos and am thinking of rubbing the pinkie on a lizard and see if the smell might entice it or use some shed put over the pink, I've had luck with that in the past

Good luck! I hope he eats for you. Looks like he will color up really nice! Bloods of any kind are normally fun to watch grow because of the color change. :)

Boiled pinks have helped so many non feeders this season it is amazing. I actually started all my babies that hatched this year on boiled and didn't have any refuse.

Another thing that you can try is Anole scenting. I had great success with that. I never had to try the Ivory dish soap or boiled pinks.
I washed the pink with a mild dish soap to lighten the mouse scent, then I put a small piece of Anole shed on the nose of the pinky, using tweezers, I didn't touch the pinky or shed with my fingers, to reduce adding any more scents.
It worked like a charm & got my non feeders to eat. It only took a couple times using Anole shed, then they became regular eaters.

(Knock on wood) I've never had one refuse the Anole scented pinks. Anoles are more of a natural diet than pinky mice. I have a friend that has had success in using Anole saliva, but getting the Anole to bite the head of the pinky, but I found this stressed the Anole out too much, so I watched for them to start shedding & I grabbed some shed as soon as I saw it.

Back