• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Phoenix Reptile Show (Mesa)

Rake

Did anyone go to the show today? I'm going tomorrow with lots of family, and will be looking for a Hognose and 3' tanks for my existing snakeys. Hope I'm not in for a let down :dancer:

Yup! There's a table selling some pretty cute hognose hatchlings in the back, so you're in luck. There's a few adults, too.

I went. Lots of retics, including some amazing morphs, a fair number of boas including a spectacular Madagascar Ground boa that looked like it was plugged into an outlet; it practically glowed. I thought there were more corns than last year. And, I also found something I've been hoping to eventually find here locally, 1/2 dwarf Burms! Stunning animals. I'm really fighting the urge right now. Fortunately the guy is local, so I can pick one up down the road if I decide to do that, which is probably inevitable. :)

I went today too. There were a fair number of hognoses, mostly normals, but there were several morphs as well. There were also tons of glass tanks with decent prices. Most of the corns with overpriced and several of them were mislabeled. One table had 'okkete' and 'red okkete' corns, which were normals and what looked like a hypo to me. One table had a couple of baby tesseras pretty cheaply and one looked like a really nice hypo tessera (but was only labeled as a normal tessera) for like $80 I think. Kathy's table is the only table that had interesting and correctly labeled corn snake morphs, in my opinion.

One table had a variety of praying mantises, which I've never seen at the show before, so that was pretty neat.

I also enjoyed looking at the native venomous and non-venomous animals displayed by the AHA. I've seen pictures of all of our native species, but it was neat to see them in real life.

I didn't see any killer deals really, though. I bought several heat pads because they were cheaper than I've seen in store or online ($13.59) and a good water dish for $6. As usual, the show is mostly comprised of ball pythons and I think there were more retics here than previous years.

Back