• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

pic of tanks please

Seawin

hiya =) im back hehe under different name forgot old password but any way i was wondering if u guys can post pictures of your corn tanks/cages i just like checking out how people set em up thnx =) :crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02:

Low-Income housing for a snake

Here ya go, I'm on a limited budget, so there are a lot of improvised items here. :shrugs:

Attachments

• DSCN0796 copy.jpg
    DSCN0796 copy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 125
*cough*photoforum*cough* lol

Here's mine. It's come a LONG way since day 1 (paper towels as substrate, sour cream containers for hides, etc). I'm going to buy a nice water bowl eventaully, but for now, this will do. The two pieces of wood on the left are cut lengthwise and hollowed out for hides, and there is another hide under the plant. Also the thermometer I was laying over the UTH in this pic, but it's usually leaning against the wood under the lamp. I'm going to buy a proper digital one soon. The heat light is off and that long thing on top is the aquarium light... MUCH easier for picture taking quality (heat bulb is red).

And here's Max's buddy "frog". :D

He was looking at the camera in this last one (I thought he was going to crawl down the front of the mopani and into the hide), but turned at the last minute... Camera shy. lol

PS. I'm having a larger, probably 58x18x24 tank made for when he's full grown (or for my ball)... any ideas for decor?

Attachments

• 159_5996.jpg
    159_5996.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 159_5983.jpg
    159_5983.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 159_5993.jpg
    159_5993.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 90
Here's my new setup. I'll be putting the new snakes on the other shelves later.

Attachments

• vivsetup.jpg
    vivsetup.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 99
Meg, I have just about the same set up :) I am using shelves and stacking my tanks. It works and saves space. :)

I just got that shelving unit. I really like being able to put them all in there. I can fit two or more small plastic containers on one shelf too right now.

Everyone's Viv's look really nice.

Here are mine. I've added to the cages since the last time I posted them. I put in the green silk plants and the vine going from one end of each cage to the other. They love them! Ivan is always climbing around on his and he hangs out in the one plant on the warm side all the time. Storm I think climbs on her's too but I mostly catch her sitting half way in her hide and half on the one vine. I attached a picture of it. She looks cute!

Attachments

• stormviv2.JPG
    stormviv2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 61
  • ivanViv2.jpg
    ivanViv2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 58
  • peeking_out.jpg
    peeking_out.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 59
I'd like to get a second plant for mine, but I want one in a pot (not loose and suctioned to the glass). I'm heading to the store soon to look for those Blair Witch looking twisty branch things, so I'm going to keep my eye out for a plant too.

I have the vine, but I really dislike the way mine looks. It's just awful. I get a snake and I'm suddenly obsessed with tank decor. "Free" paper towel roll excluded. lol

Does anyone have suggestions for glue? I was thinking if I can use glue the substrate to the paper towel roll to make it look nicer, but I'm unsure of what's safe.

The tanks as they stand.
#1 10 gal for 04 Blizzard decorations in the tank I had, made or bought for under $2 Wood tub had, drilled a couple of holes. Water dish $1.29. Climbing stick from a lilac bush I trimmed this spring. Drift wood I had from when we had fish. Turtle shell I picked up on a hike.

#2 40L for 03 Normal Wood box salvation army 1.25 drill and saw shazam. Skulls old fish tank stuff. Water dish $1.89 walmart. Climb stick stolen from the State of Ohio. :shrugs: Working on a log hide.

#3 Iguana rescue tank 55 gal Hammock came with Fred when he was in a 10gal tank. Climging stick see above. Rocks are old fish decorations. Flowers $0.99 clearence at Jo Ann's Fabric. Water dish came with Fred and plate was in the cupboard. Spray bottle $0.79 walmart

All tanks have astro turf 2 for each tank $8 for all three tanks drop in washer with bleach.

You can do it cheap or expensive. I'm just cheap. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC01563.JPG
    DSC01563.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01562.JPG
    DSC01562.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01561.JPG
    DSC01561.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 45
Back