• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pic Request: Amel het Opal Motley

gnarhimself

Does the het for Opal Motley change the "look" of the amel at all??
Pics please of anyone that has Amels het for Opal Motley
:shrugs:

They will look like a typical amel. Being het for opal and /or motley will not affect their phenotype. An example...this is my male amel motley het opal:

Last edited:
Hey Bryan.

I agree with Susan. Here's my male amel mot het opal.

Attachments

• 111706 melbourne (2).JPG
    111706 melbourne (2).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 41
In my humble opinion the Lavender gene does slightly alter the Amel appearance..
For what i've seen, the Amel becomes more yellowish..
I included a pic of my Amel het Lavender ph motley..

Arjan

Attachments

• Amel het Lav v 20-12-06 b.jpg
    Amel het Lav v 20-12-06 b.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 41
Snakexperience said:
In my humble opinion the Lavender gene does slightly alter the Amel appearance..
For what i've seen, the Amel becomes more yellowish..
I included a pic of my Amel het Lavender ph motley..

Arjan
I don't really think so...not like being het caramel can increase the yellow anyway! This is an amel motley het caramel for comparison.

Last edited:
I don't really think so...not like being het caramel can increase the yellow anyway! This is an amel motley het caramel for comparison.

True! But i do find it somehow different than a 'regular' Amel, and mentioning the yellow is the best way i can discribe it i think..
I also included a pic of an Amel het caramel mot..

Arjan

Attachments

• Amel het ButMot m 17-9-06 a.jpg
    Amel het ButMot m 17-9-06 a.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for the feedback,its just that i have the possibility of getting amels het for opal motley,and was wondering if the "look" would have been altered by the Lavender gene..
:crazy02:

Back