• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics and a couple ??'s

lovesbuggs

Ok so I've had my Checkers for a month now and he is in blue :) His eyes have just started to get milky but he did eat. Ok so I still have my little snow...still yet to be named ::shrugs::confused: any suggestions? Anyway...here is a couple pics (hopefully they post right this time) of my snow eating on Tuesday my questions will be posted under the pics....
lovesbuggs

Is she too thin? Her spine sticks out a bit. She eats well and is active, I've seen her drinking water...just a little worried about the spine???
lovesbuggs
After she was done swallowing the pinky...and big yawn :) was the pinky too big for her? I'm such a worrier. She goes into a food coma for 4 days after she eats. I worry the pinks are too big...and when will I know to get bigger pinks or feed her two...she's so tiny compared to Checkers...
lovesbuggs

I was told they were both hatchlings only a couple weeks apart in age.

Here she is in here viv...she loves roaming through the plants and is not ever in her hides or burrowing...is that normal?

I know I'm being a mother-hen...worrying about everything

20120821_192754-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the pics that didn't show up before...sorry. Still trying to figure out how to do all this.....

20120821_193804-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1490.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1482.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1445.jpg
[/IMG]
And... This is Checkers and my snow...the day I got her.

The "yawning" is the snake re-aligning its jaw following swallowing its prey item. The prey item appears to be the correct size - you should see a "lump" in the belly following ingestion of the prey. There are several threads on here if you do a simple search about the recommended sizes of prey items. Snakes are vulnerable following ingestion of a prey item and will seek refuge typically in a warmer area for digestive purposes and will become more active following digestion. Too much stress during digestion can cause regurgitation issues. If you do not already have it we recommend Bill and Kathy Love's Comprehensive Guide for Corn Snake Owners - it will answer most of these questions.
www.cornutopia.com

Cute little snow, I have a soft spot for snows considering my big lump of a corn is a snow lol. Good suggestion to get that book though, I have it and have reread it multiple times just to see if I missed anything and just for fun, I never get tired of learning about my snakes.

Back