• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics and ??'s re-post...with the pics this time

lovesbuggs

Sorry for being so non tech savvy. I'm re-posting now that I figured out how to post the pics right..
Ok so I've had my Checkers an Anery(?) for a few weeks now and he is in blue. YAY!!! His eyes have just started to get milky but he did eat the day they started to get hazy on Tues. I still have my little snow...still yet to be named : any suggestions? I just call her a her I don't really know yet her gender.

Anyway...here is some pics mostly of my snow....eating on Tuesday my questions....

Is she too thin? Her spine sticks out a bit. She eats well and is active, I've seen her drinking water...just a little worried about the spine???

Caught a pic of her after she was done swallowing the pinky...and big yawn :) Is the pinky too big for her? I'm such a worrier. She goes into a food coma for 4 days after she eats. I worry the pinks are too big...and when will I know to get bigger pinks or feed her two...she's so tiny compared to Checkers...

I was told they were both hatchlings only a couple weeks apart in age.

She loves roaming through the fake plants and is not ever in her hides or burrowing...is that normal?

I worrying about everything :(

is there a way to delete my other post about this...so sorry for the re-post

20120821_192754-1.jpg
[/IMG]

20120821_193804-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1490.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1482.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1445.jpg
[/IMG]
this is Checkers with my little snow

See the other post - we answered some of your questions. If you are a contributing member it will allow you to delete, modify, edit, etc. your posts.

The pink looks too big for her. If you can't find smaller ones, cut the ones you have to an appropriate size. I would NOT handle that snake for 5-7 days and pray she doesn't regurge. It's a good sign that she ate, though, that probably means she has been eating, where she came from.

From the one photo that shows a little bit of Checkers, it looks like you might have a ghost on your hands! And I agree with Nanci about the size of the pinky. While young hatchlings can handle slightly larger than "normal" prey items, that pinky does seem to be pushing it quite a bit. Definitely leave your snow alone for the next 5 or more days and make sure the temps in her viv are where they should be. If she gets chilled or stressed, she'll regurge.

If ypu can't get any smaller pinks, you can "finger roll" the pinkie. Wrap it in a paper towel and gently (gently i say or you have a squishy mess ;) ) roll it back and forth between your palm or fingers. This kind of "stretches" the pink out, also breaking small bones. A tiny cut with a razor on its back after you've rolled it allows another entry point for your snows stomach juices to get in and get to work digesting it also :)

Thanks for the help everyone. Buzzard: I have the book you mentioned on my other post. It's been a great help to me, I refer to it often. It's also nice to post a pic and get advice from great people here who can see exactly what I'm talking about :) Nanci & Susan: I had a feeling the pinks were too big for for her. This was her 3rd feedIng with me in approx 2wks I've had her.. I have not handled her much since getting her but I have been waiting after a feed to handle until the lump is all but gone and she is actively moving about her viv again. whIch has been about 4-5 days. I'll definitely be waiting at least 5 days. Susan: I wondered if Checkers might me a ghost :) I'll get more pics after his shed. Chris: Thanks for the suggestions. I will try that if I can't get smaller ones. :) thanks again everyone!!!

Back