• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics of my new Adult Blizzard

evergreencorns

Hissypants
Just picked up an Adult Blizzard last night, and just loving on his lack of patterning. He's solid white and I love it. I was under the impression that he was an "albino" when I went to get him, figured he was just a snow, and never expected him. A friend told me that one of their friends had a cornsnake they no longer wanted due to a new baby, and they wanted me to come get it. So, I did, and Snowy is what I found. :) :wavey:

When I went to get him, they were all like, he's evil and hates being held. I've so far had zero problems with him, in fact, he loves being held and just hangs out. He's a great kiddo. And, all the while here, I am referring to Snowy as a he, and I don't know yet. I'm still not comfortable with probing, so I'm waiting for a friend to come probe "him."

I'm hoping it's a girl, but the vibes I get are male. I need more females! Haha.
What does everyone think of him/her? Any suggestions on breeding pairs? I have both a female and male lavender that I am thinking about pairing Snowy with, depending upon Snowy's gender.

Attachments

• DSCN0474.JPG
    DSCN0474.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0471.JPG
    DSCN0471.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 124
By the way, in the second pic, the little round dot on him is a shadow from something above, he doesn't have any markings on him at all.

Looks like the blizzard I was looking for...except i was needing a female.
congrats on the find! Beautiful corn.

Is that a heat rock in there? If so you may want to think about getting it out of there.

Nice looking snake :D In that first pic its like hes saying "I've got my eye on you".

LOL I NEVER use heat rocks. It's the hide he grew up with. He loves the darn thing I guess.

No, I'm so far against heat rocks it's not even funny. A friend of mine had one in her beardie's tank, and I pulled it out and smashed it with a hammer. I'm not willing to risk the safety of anyone's reptiles just because people think a heat rock is a good idea.

And thanks for all the comments. I will be sure to let everyone know what "it" is genderwise. Keep fingers crossed for female!

haha ok I was just asking :D it just looked like it in the picture to me I guess. Im supprised people even still buy/sell them.

I agree.
You're right, it does look like a heat rock.
But, it's actually one of those little hides that look like a rock.

It's just the backside of it, I attached a picture just to make sure everyone feels better, haha. Honestly, heat rocks terrify me. I rescued an iguana a number of years ago who was given a big heat rock, and she suffered horrible burns on her belly and near her vent, and even after she healed it was obvious it still caused her pain because of the scarring around the vent. I never trust heat rocks, ever ever.

Handsome fellow you got there.

That first photo looks like he is saying "What the hell are you doing?" LOL

He looks like a nice healthy snake. It's odd what people do when babies show up. I got my first snakes when my baby turned one. I'd have gotten them sooner if I knew how easy it would be to care for everyone.

By the way, in the second pic, the little round dot on him is a shadow from something above, he doesn't have any markings on him at all.

Actually, if you look at the pictures closely, you can see that he indeed does have a normal Corn Snake pattern. It's normal for Blizzards to be so white that it's hard to make out, but it is definitely there.

Ah, well, at least you can see it.
Goes to show how bad my eyesight is. I thought I saw a pattern but I wasn't sure.
It's VERY vague though.

Back