• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics of my snakes :)

cellz

Hi first/second pics is my gf's snake its called misty

3rd/4th is my snake called venom :) (hence the V pattern on its head if u look closer!)

and i have afew pics of my viv and my feeding container enjoy ;p

and im sorry about the pics, there kinda crap but i hope u like :) (I made the viv my self with MDF wood costing me about £60 for the whole project, ecpect the stuff inside heh)

You might wanna host those pics somewhere....photobucket.com works really well for me. Not sure if they still give away free accounts or not.

...or if they are small enough, you can attach up to 5 at a time directly from your computer. They just need to be 800 x 600 or under and under a certain K size (though I can't remember offhand what that size is.)

See the manage attachments button below when you're creating a post.

here are 5 of them sry cant get all pics on heh

Attachments

• misty1.JPG
    misty1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 68
  • misty2.JPG
    misty2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 68
  • venom1.JPG
    venom1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 68
  • venom2.JPG
    venom2.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 68
  • viv1.JPG
    viv1.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 68
I dig your viv. Very cool. I want some of that drift wood but my boy is still pretty tiny and I have read to many posts about snakes not coming out lol. Thanks for sharing :D

The larger the space in your viv, the more the snakes can be stressed, especially as hatchlings. Snakes are natural hiders and like small enclosed spaces except when hunting and looking for water. When they are out in the open, they know that they are presenting themselves to predators with a huge sign on thier back. So, if you want to see the hatchlings more often, keep them in smaller enclosures till they are about a year old, then move them into something larger.

The other reason you may not see them much is that corns mainly come out into the open at night to hunt for food and water. I am sure if you stay up one night and watch them, you will see them a lot more than you do during the day.

Mine is just about six months, and up until a couple days ago he would bury himself and stay under the substrate almost constantly. Then, a couple days ago he starting staying in his hide, above the substrate.... I was so excited. Then this morning when I got up for work (5 AM, ughhh) he was out and about!!! I'm so proud of him, lol.

yea they are active at nite but daytime, lol hardly see em

i have a 4ft long viv which i think is quite big my snakes are about 2/5 ft but i made this viv for a final viv, but i have loads of hiding spots heh

hope its ok ;p

Back