• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics of Solstice

Asvard

Here are some pics of Solstice received Aug 14 2006

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 327
what morph

I know amel but the saddles almost touching near the head makes me think think motley.

The other little quirk is the J instead of a V on forehead

That is a pretty amel!

It doesn't appear to be motley, the saddles near the head don't determine that. It is a variable trait, but with motleys, much of their saddles are elongated, touching each other, sometimes making it appear that there are circles running down the snakes body. Also the belly will be plain (at least mostly plain), and the pattern on the side of the snake is often greatly reduced.

Here is one I produced.
05sSep907.JPG

Yeah I figured

Traci1 said:
That is a pretty amel!

It doesn't appear to be motley, the saddles near the head don't determine that. It is a variable trait, but with motleys, much of their saddles are elongated, touching each other, sometimes making it appear that there are circles running down the snakes body. Also the belly will be plain (at least mostly plain), and the pattern on the side of the snake is often greatly reduced.

Here is one I produced.
05sSep907.JPG

I figured as much after I already posted yours is pretty too that would be a motley I assume thanks.

I am not worried to much whether she is some facy morph MIne that is she is pretty no matter what she is called.

yep the picture is of a normal motley, thought it was a good representation of what I was trying do describe...at least out of my own photo album!

Your amel is indeed very pretty, you have no worries there!

Droptines said:
:shrugs: So,,,asvards snake,in those first pictures,,is a motley ?...not an amel ?.
No, the snake is a non-motley amel. Also, if the snake was a motley that would not make it not-an-amel, there are plenty of snakes that are homo for both.

Nice amel. :) You also need to start feeding him/her in a separate container. If any of the bedding got stuck to the mouse and was ingested it can cause a blockage, which is bad. ;)

hana

motley corns

Thanx for the pic Traci but now I need to find room for another cage my girlfriend ( who previously didnt like snakes but loves mine) wants a snake of her own, yep you guessed it a motley. She wants to call it Crue.

Guess I be shopping for a motley soon

hana said:
Nice amel. :) You also need to start feeding him/her in a separate container. If any of the bedding got stuck to the mouse and was ingested it can cause a blockage, which is bad. ;)

hana

Actually Hana no worries there she always feeds on top of the fake half log so the bedding is not a problem. Also she is on earthen bedding not wood shavings. The minicule dirt particles are not a worry. The act that Solstice is also a very at least in snake terms gentle feeder helps. That and she is supervised during feedings. Thanks for your concern though.

I am not discounting your recommends. The last worry other than eating substrate of course is the whole feeding response to opening cages thing.

I believe the handling condtioning I have given that is a different approach than my feeding approach on purpose. She is actually removed from cage then put back in after the mouse is put on log. So in a backwards way she is mor like to strike when going back in to the cage. As I am the tree she is hanging on persay I have seen no sign of this yet.I understand your reasons but each snake has its own quirks so far hers work with my method.

And heck I have been struck by snakes before not to worried about it. Now some lizards lets just say dont get bit it hurts.

Ask anyone who has ever tried to tame a Tokay(LOL not me)

here they are

sorry here they are

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 76
few more

here are a couple more

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 76
I know what you mean about the "lizard bites",,we have 2 berdies,,and I have SEEN their teeth :eek1: :eek1:

Your baby is really looking lovely! Really is one of the nicest amels I have seen!

I also love motleys! Have an anery mot and he's great! I also LOVE normal mots! They are really pretty too!

up size my meals please

Solstice has moved on to Fuzzies and loves em hers a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_0016small.jpg
    IMG_0016small.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0018small.jpg
    IMG_0018small.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0019small.jpg
    IMG_0019small.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 50
She looks very nice :) I love her colors.

Asvard said:
Thanx for the pic Traci but now I need to find room for another cage my girlfriend ( who previously didnt like snakes but loves mine) wants a snake of her own, yep you guessed it a motley. She wants to call it Crue.

Guess I be shopping for a motley soon

I have a normal motley who I named Crue, hehe. (he is shown in my avatar)

Back