• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pink Blotched Snow Motley

mikehayn

I acquired this little beauty about a week ago!!! Money well spent...

Attachments

• Snow Motley.jpg
    Snow Motley.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Snow Motley1.jpg
    Snow Motley1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 253
It looks like a hypo Lavender, but then again these colors on this monitor at work are a little off...Beautiful snake!! I love the strong pinks showing through. Does it have pink eyes? Hard to tell with this monitor.

DdotSpot said:
It looks like a hypo Lavender, but then again these colors on this monitor at work are a little off...Beautiful snake!! I love the strong pinks showing through. Does it have pink eyes? Hard to tell with this monitor.

Yup, it's got red/pink eyes.

Definitely not a hypo lavender. Killer colors though. Nice 'coral' color.

Is it a coral snow? Or just a regular snow with really good colors? Either way it is an amazing looking snow.

mattsnake said:
Is it a coral snow? Or just a regular snow with really good colors? Either way it is an amazing looking snow.

Only breeding trials will tell if it's coral or not. Coral referes to it being homozygous hypo as well as anery and amel.

DdotSpot said:
I thought that Coral Snows were a line-bred trait, not necessarily related to Hypo Snows.

Coral snows are hypo snows, high-pink are line-bred.

Wow Mike! I usually don't post in the gallery forum but I have to on this one!

That snake is awesome! Where did you get him/her from?

Yeah I thought corals were hypo snows; instead of the hypo gene being masked in snows like it should, it gives them a pinkish "coral" color.

Heres a pic of his sister...also got pink on her...

I saw on an old post somewhere, someone was talking about pink on an anerthrystic motley...this one has got more pink than I ever seen on an anerthrystic motley before. I'm going to pair the two of them up when they're older...As for the snow being Opal, I have no idea, I can tell you that their parents where a male anerthrystic vanishing stripe and the mother was a snow motley...so maybe someone could tell me is he is opal or just a very pink snow... :shrugs:

Attachments

• Anery Motley pink.jpg
    Anery Motley pink.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 69
  • Anery Motley pink1.jpg
    Anery Motley pink1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 69
She's beautiful! Motley increases the intensity/amount of red pigment, right? At least that's the effect I've noticed. Perhaps that is partly why she's so intensly pink?

mikehayn said:
I saw on an old post somewhere, someone was talking about pink on an anerthrystic motley...this one has got more pink than I ever seen on an anerthrystic motley before. I'm going to pair the two of them up when they're older...As for the snow being Opal, I have no idea, I can tell you that their parents where a male anerthrystic vanishing stripe and the mother was a snow motley...so maybe someone could tell me is he is opal or just a very pink snow... :shrugs:

I would go with it being a snow until you prove otherwise. You can probably safely assume it's a coral snow, but again, you'll need to test it out to be certain that it is in fact homozygous for hypo.

In reference to the anery mot, here are some pictures for you.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150006&postcount=6

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150437&postcount=10

Simply stunning snake! Hypo snow mots are right up there with lavender mots in my opinion. :cheers:

Back