• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pinkies or fuzzies?

Well that really depends on the weight and width of the snake. If you can, weigh the snake and refer to this chart.

-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Adult females are fed every 7-12 days; adult males are fed every 11-14 days.

This is by no means scientific, and not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule. The weight ranges I gave for the prey and snakes are approximate.

If you can't weigh the snake, make sure the food is at LEAST the width of the snake at it's widest point, and no more than one and a half times to width at it's widest point.

Check Walmart or Target, you can find a decent gram scale for a reasonable price.
For the smaller snakes, I put them in a deli cup to weight, for the larger ones, I put them in snake bags.
*When puting them in something to weight, be sure to zero out the scale with the deli cup or snake bag on it first, or your weights will be wrong.

I got an inexpensive postal scale at Staples. It weighs in grams and ounces up to 5 pounds.

I would guess that she's ready for fuzzies, but only give her one at feeding time... when I made the switchover to fuzzies, I overfed and he regurgitated. If she can eat 2-3 pinkies, then she can eat a fuzzy.

I would guess that she's ready for fuzzies, but only give her one at feeding time... when I made the switchover to fuzzies, I overfed and he regurgitated. If she can eat 2-3 pinkies, then she can eat a fuzzy.

Yeah, I think she is ready for a fuzzy. The last time I fed her 2 pinkies I realize d she could eat a fuzzy because she ate the pinkies without any effort.

Back