• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pinky disposal...

Carnivourous millipedes/centipedes? Don't get them over here...I was expecting a King snake :grin01:

Paradox said:
Carnivourous millipedes/centipedes? Don't get them over here...I was expecting a King snake :grin01:

Yep, it's a Vietnamese centipede. It's only about 7 iinches long. :cool:

I'm not much of an invert guy (they creep me out a bit), but that centipede is waaaay cool. My father was bitten by a centipede when he served in Vietnam. He said it was a foot long. Wonder if it was one of these. :shrugs:

Roy Munson said:
I'm not much of an invert guy (they creep me out a bit), but that centipede is waaaay cool. My father was bitten by a centipede when he served in Vietnam. He said it was a foot long. Wonder if it was one of these. :shrugs:

It is very likely it was. This one still has some growing to do.

Now that's cool - mine had to go down the trash chute. Man, the stuff you see on this site...

-Sean

~slither~ said:
'Only' eh? Thats quite big enough for a 'bug' for me.
Can you handle them?

No, handling is not too good of an idea with these. I've been trying to get a pic of it's fangs but nothing in focus yet. When I do I'll post it and you'll see why handling should be avoided.

A dangerous carnivorous 7 inch centipede? Amazing animal, but quite frankly, you can keep it... :grin01:

Hope you some pics, would like to see them. Kind of thought handling would be a bad idea, but I try to be a bit more open minded than those who think 'urgh, I don't wanta touch that!' about inverts, herps, arachnids etc.
Cool critter!

Was the meal totally finished or did you have to clean up any remains?
I've been thinking about feeding my tarantulas some ft, but in the case that it wasn't finished.. I don't know if I could deal with shredded mouse bits. :puke01:

GiantBlueberry said:
Was the meal totally finished or did you have to clean up any remains?
I've been thinking about feeding my tarantulas some ft, but in the case that it wasn't finished.. I don't know if I could deal with shredded mouse bits. :puke01:

Not a thing was left. The T's have more of a tendency to have some leftovers though.

Back