• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pippie (No Pics)

richm2778

Clutch number 2, and the last clutch, for this season just started to pip this morning. Only one little nose so far, but a beautiful Leucistic Texas Rat Snake it is. I have 5 more eggs that seem good in this clutch, so I will wait until tomorrow to see if any more of them pip. Last time, I waited, and the ones that didn't pip were dead in their shells. This time I will make a slit in each egg to try to help out and see if I have better luck. When all is said and done, I will post some pics of the babies.

-rich

Still just the one pip. I had the same issue last clutch, and all of the other eggs died over the next few days. It is weird. The eggs has veins and stuff, but they had either fully formed dead babies inside, or they had a clumo if unformed pink tissue tat was seemingly still alive inside the egg. After 65 days, though, I gave up that those eggs were going to form anything. Anyone else ever have this happen?

I am curious if it could be because my female is older. She is about 7 years old now, and she has never bred until this season. Also, my male is a first time breeder. They made small clutches, 12 and 13 eggs, and then only one hatched from clutch one, and possibly one more from clutch #2. I have meticulously maintained conditions this time, so I know this is no fault of my own.

Rich

Back