• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

pirate decor?

juliebot

My kids are pirate freaks and would love to have a pirate theme in our snake habitat. I haven't seen any pirate terrarium decorations online so far... would it be ok to use aquarium decorations? Would it be safe for our snake to crawl over and through a big pirate ship that is made for aquariums?

Use anything you want. Just clean it. Wood you find out side needs bake and bleach wash. But store bought items need a simple wash.

I've noticed lots of aquarium stuff is hollow. Make note of the size of the openings in relation to your snake and seal them up if necessary.

I forgot to say...when buy items make sure there are not little hole that the snake can crawl up in and you can get out latter. If you find something like that cover the hole or else it will stay up there forever. :rofl:
Cover any hole you see.

I have a pirate skull that is for an aquarium that I love... I got it at Petsmart.

100_3018.jpg

I forgot to say...when buy items make sure there are not little hole that the snake can crawl up in and you can get out latter. If you find something like that cover the hole or else it will stay up there forever. :rofl:
Cover any hole you see.

I was thinking of using a pirate ship that she can crawl in and out of and over the masts like a climbing branch. There's holes all through the ship. Would that not be a good choice?

Like this pirate ship. (provided I figured out how to include the picture in my post)

Attachments

• yhst-46771492516079_1991_88546817.gif
    yhst-46771492516079_1991_88546817.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 59
Just make sure there are no holes into the hollow part of the sculpture(where it isn't painted). Where the snake could crawl into and appear to have escaped, or worse get stuck in.

well if you buy wood stuff for your snake at a pet store, I would still wash and bake it, because I was looking at soem wood at Petsmart, and it had some spider nest things on it and bugs, soo...needless to say, I didn't buy any wood from Petsmart lol :)

Back