• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Plastic enclosures

kupo9

Anyone know where to find plastic tubs locally? I don't have a rack but I would like to stack them on a shelf that I already have. I went to Walmart and they didn't have anything for an adult corn. Anyone know local place?

I've gotten all of my tubs at Walmart (okay, I got a few at Target and a couple at Bed Bath and Beyond because they were on sale). The $5 28 qt (I believe, they might be bigger than that though) would be fine for an adult corn. They have slightly more floor space than a 20L aquarium.

I just looked at Walmart's website and they have quite a few that would work, and they do have that Site-to-Store option if they don't carry them in that particular store.

The thing is my Walmart is always PACKED. Everything is always sold out. I'd have to camp out at 4am to get any sort of plastic container. Are there any other stores? Big lots? Home Depot?

My Home Depot really doesn't have much in the way of plastic containers, and the ones they do have are outrageously priced. I would either camp out, or use the Site-to-Store option at Walmart.

And I don't get to Big Lots more than maybe twice a year, but I don't recall seeing containers there that were cheaper than Walmart (or as nice quality, seems to me they were all really crappy plastic, but maybe not).

I was looking at one of my SEVEN area Wal-Mart's this weekend, for the next step larger in size for my needs, and there were various sizes and a couple of brands, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, and something else, maybe. But they looked like a strong snake could get out. I've heard y'all speak of "clips".....I gather you mean for the prevention of escapes from said plastic tubs/containers(?)....

I was looking at one of my SEVEN area Wal-Mart's this weekend, for the next step larger in size for my needs, and there were various sizes and a couple of brands, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, and something else, maybe. But they looked like a strong snake could get out. I've heard y'all speak of "clips".....I gather you mean for the prevention of escapes from said plastic tubs/containers(?)....

Seven? Wow, there's only one here. Next Walmart is miles away.

As for prevention, what do you guys/gals use/do with plastic?

I use heavy books for now, but I know you can buy clips I just don't know what the best size clips would be. Try the container store too they always have tubs hence their name,lol

Seven? Wow, there's only one here. Next Walmart is miles away.

As for prevention, what do you guys/gals use/do with plastic?
Baton Rouge. Louisiana. Are you kidding? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a blue and white Wal-Mart sign. :roflmao:

Binder clips have worked great for my little ones. I used a ton at first but I'm down to 1 clip on each side now...
100_1148-1.jpg

All of my lids are pretty darn secure. The tubs I got at Bed Bath and Beyond are the latch top type, so they are escape proof (not only do they have the latch at each end, but the lids are very snug fitting). As for the Walmart ones, I always make sure that I get ones that have a nice 'snap' when I shut the lid (does that make sense?) instead of ones with a looser lid.

I only have one 2 year old in a 32 qt Sterilite bin (all of the adults are in the latch top ones or in aquariums), and haven't had any escape issues (I know, not a problem until there is a problem, but he is stacked under one of the latch top totes with my baby boa in it, so that is heavy enough to keep him from pushing the lid off). I will be building a rack within the next year to house the Sterilite bins snugly (with lids on, I like the extra security), so there won't be an escape issue with the lid being 'held down' by the shelf above it.

Baton Rouge. Louisiana. Are you kidding? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a blue and white Wal-Mart sign. :roflmao:

:laugh:

we have about 4 in my area (I used to work at one in high school :awcrap: )...one of them has a green sign :shrugs:

Well I saw a 40qt but it was wide. These are the specs: 26.125 x 18.25 x 6.375 (LxWxH). 4in shorter than a 20gal long but 6" wider. Would this house an adult corn?

A 40 qt would be great for an adult. There is nothing wrong with getting bigger tubs. One of my adults is in a 40qt and she seems happy. :)

I have shoeboxes($1.50), 16qt($3), 32qt($5), & 40qt($8)
Sterilites all from Big Lots. They work for me..

Back