• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Plastic Tub Enclosure Questions

Ciisea

Hopelessly Obsessed
Alright, so I'm planning on getting a Corn Snake soon. I was hoping to save some money by going the plastic tub route as a enclosure. I live in Northern California so the snake isn't going to need much extra heat on the warm side.

Obviously if I'm using a plastic tub I can't use a lamp for the heat. I did have an idea that I could cut a square out of the lid at one end, attach hardware cloth, and place the lamp on that. Is that a good idea? I'm worried that it will get too warm using an UTH. Suggestions?

Get some heat tape so you have Under Tank Heat (UTH), because that's most important. I too am from Nor Cal and they need to be maintained at about 85 on the warm side constantly for proper husbandry and digestion. Spring/Fall/Winters are cool enough where you'll need the heat.

I live up in Lake County and it'll be 100 degrees during the day and at night, the house will drop down to 65.

Wow... it's so obvious! I can't believe I didn't remember that I could just use a thermostat.
duh_smiley.gif

Thank you.

Back