• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Plastic Viv Setup

kensei

Hey guys. I have a Rubbermaid tub that measures approx. 23x16x13 inches. When trying to set up the tub for an adult corn, I realized how little floor space there actually is. With two full size hides (plastic cave and half log), there is almost no room for even a small water bowl and VERY little room to move around. Everything is just too crammed in there. I was wondering if it is absolutely necessary to have two hides in the plastic tub, and if so how do you manage? Also, could you guys post pics of your plastic viv setups if possible. Thanks!

the base is equivalent to that of a 32 qt tub. the only difference is that my Rubbermaid is double the height of a 32qt sterilite.

Don't most people use a 28qt size for adults? I've seen this mentioned as well. For the rack systems I've read that they use the 28qt tubs for adults and then the 12qts for the babies because they are the same height and you can fit 2 of the smaller ones or one big one on the same rack. So, which is more used the 32 qt or the 28 qt? I'm making a rack soon and wanted to make sure to use the correct size.

I think my 66 qt are roughly the same size you have.

I'm putting a two year old in this. I know what you mean. Even though it has more area than a 20L- it sure doesn't seem like it.

Attachments

• Cherry's Bin 002_800.jpg
    Cherry's Bin 002_800.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Cherry's Bin 001_800.jpg
    Cherry's Bin 001_800.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 76
Mine are in weirdly shaped 28qt sterilites. I set them up super simply:

101607_tabasco4.jpg

I keep just one damp hide in there with them.

Back