• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

plastic vivs

snakey brad

As i am seperating my two corns from what i have heard on this forum, I am going to down size their vivs because otherwise the vivs would be too big. I was wondering if i could get two ordinary plastic containers and house each of them in there? They are only two foot at the moment so how many gallons would the max plastic container have to have to house one? And how many gallons would the min container be able to be to house one?And also, how big would the snakes have to get until individually moving them into their own 3foot viv. Thanks for reading my post and i hope you can help.

32qt is a good size for an adult from the research I have been doing to buy a rack. You can goto target and buy "Sterilite" tubs they aren't pretty and you won't be able to do a lot of crazy decoration inside them but they should work well make sure to put lots of ventilation holes around the side. You can put the holes in the side with a dremel tool a drill (make sure to use a very sharp bit) or a soldering iron is most popular as it leaves nice smooth melted edges.

Whether there is a Target there or not, its a world famous shop, all over the place! There are some near where I live, but we don't have sterlite tubs, Targets sell different things depending where they are located.

One question I have: If a plastic tub is microwave safe, does that mean its safe to have a heat mat under it?

Beanie :)

could i use one of these but tape the lid down?About 14litre for one 2 foot snake?

Attachments

• RUP80130.jpg
    RUP80130.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 47
could i use one of these but tape the lid down?About 14litre for one 2 foot snake?

I believe you would want to go closer to 32 liters as a single liter is almost equal to 1 quart. As for worrying about whether or not a tub is safe for a uth you really shouldn't have an issue with nearly any commercially available plastic tub as your uth is only going to be running at maybe 85 degrees F or 29-30 degrees Centigrade.
Zach

What im doing is getting two small plastic containers that are about 14 litres.
Then when they get bigger im going to get another 3 foot aquapac viv. But is 14 litres about enough while they are only 2 foot?

Well I guess it will have to be as long as you can get a water dish some hides and maintain a decent temperature gradient that should work.

Back