• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please Help! Corn Snake Dieing!!!!!

bloodballx

I adopted a 12” corn snake from someone who was letting it die. When I got it, it barley moved. The head and neck needed to be soaked to get the rest of two or 3 sheds off. It has not eaten in 3 weeks and is looking really bad. There was no heat pad or light in the tank. The first day I soaked her and I was able to get the shed off. She’s so week she can’t eat. I cut heads and body parts off pinkies and force fed her gently. The first fast move was her pushing the pinkies down her through into her lower body. That was good. She’s still not very responsive. I have her in a 10 gallon with a heating pad and a 50w night light. If anyone can give me some tips or advice about how to keep her going it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!! :grin01: :shrugs:

Well it seems like you are doing everything you can right now. I would take it to a herp vet and see if he can help it out. Im sure you have water and all the stuff snakes need in their vivs. Glad you found him and are giving him a change to live.

Will you keep us updated on his condition? Well hope he is okay and makes it.

Im sorry to hear this. My only suggestion would be to contact Janine - username: Diamondlil

She is going through something similar with a fostersnake atm. Also you can read her thread on helping non feeders - Its been a huge inspiration to many people on CS.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30056&highlight=saga+continues

The last few pages should benefit you.

I would also maybe contact Kathy Love and order some nutribac. She will help you in any way possible!

Also to minimise the stress on the animal I would leave any bits of shed that are stuck and concentrate of getting it to feed. Bathing and proding won't help. You may have to syringe feed but if you have the time and patience to help this wee snake then your efforts could pay off! Lets hope its not too late!

I am in kind of the same boat but my little snake is finally pulling through. What worked the best for me to help give her energy was to soak her in pedialyte. It's really good for fixing dehydration. Getting the right temps is key as well as not handling the snake much at all. I feel so bad for that poor snake but it sounds like it has got a new owner who will treat it the way it deserves. My hat is off to you.

Good luck and please let us know how things are going.

My snake

I really am having a hard time with this snake because all my other snakes are much bigger or just healthy. My hope is up!!! she will get better other snakes i own.....

Attachments

• Berm.jpg
    Berm.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Blood.jpg
    Blood.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 70
  • boa1.jpg
    boa1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 70
  • green_pit_Viper.jpg
    green_pit_Viper.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Pit_Viper.jpg
    Pit_Viper.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 70
thank u

SnakeNbake said:
I am in kind of the same boat but my little snake is finally pulling through. What worked the best for me to help give her energy was to soak her in pedialyte. It's really good for fixing dehydration. Getting the right temps is key as well as not handling the snake much at all. I feel so bad for that poor snake but it sounds like it has got a new owner who will treat it the way it deserves. My hat is off to you.

Good luck and please let us know how things are going.

Thanks for the good info. can i get pedialyte at a store??

bloodballx said:
Thanks for the good info. can i get pedialyte at a store??
You should be able to get Pedialyte at any grocery store near the baby stuff. It's usually given to little kids when they get sick but works for all sorts of things (including snakes). Good luck!

~Katie

Just make sure when you do get the pedialyte you get the unflavored. Now days it comes in many flavors, which I'm sure probably wouldn't be too good for your baby.. Good luck with your little one.

BTW. Those are some nice looking snakes you have there.

Back