• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please help, this is a immediate issue

lmdskychick

This is streamers 2nd feeding since I have had her well shes really a he but anyways. She struck within 2 mins of my introducing the pinkie and its definitly not a size issue cause this one is slightly smaller then the last one she was fed. It took her a very short time last time to gulp the whole pinkie but this time, well she isnt trying to get anything more besides his head in her mouth and she has been in this same stage for about 8 mins now. Is this okay? What do I do? Please help me, Im sorry if I am posting something that may not be a problem but this is only my second time feeding, and it scares me that she hasnt tried to eat more of the pinkie and is just letting it stay in the mouth

Are you watching? Maybe it's scaring her. Leave the room, go do something else and check on her later, if the pinky is in her mouth she is probably going to eat it but she doesn't feel safe.

I did that... how long do I give it? What do I do after its been whatever time frame? Ive got Streamer in a completley dark and quiet room alone so I hope this works. I just hope I didnt make a mistake, I dont want her to die

Even if she can't see you, maybe she can see your shadow or the light from the computer screen. My nervous corn will freeze instantly when I come in to the room and he's out; maybe your snake is doing the same thing, waiting for the threat to pass. I would leave the room.

Snakes are at their most vulnerable when they are eating. So your presence in the room with a new animal could be causing an unsurity. They have a great sense of smell and vibration detection of sound waves. Even if you are off to the side, he will know you or something live is close by.

Try giving your snake at least 20 minutes of alone time when feeding and some darkness as well to help it relax. Holding appropriate sized food items in their mouth for a while, is not a problem by the way, but best to give them most relaxed atmosphere as possible.

Are you feeding in its aquarium or in a seperate container?

Best of luck to you.

Streamers got a seperate enclosure for feeding. Ive not gone in since i closed the door. Once im done cleaning her normal enclosure I am hoping the pinkies down and starting to digest.

Should change my user name to Little Miss Paranoid.... Streamer is now in her clean enclosure, with a full belly safe and sound. Thank you all for easing my mind and getting me to back off and give my friend room.

Don't worry! We've all been there before and we'll all be there again. They usually know what to do :)

I won't say they can't get stuck, but I think it's really rare, if that helps any. I know my daughter's snake when she was younger tried to eat a couple of fuzzies side first... guess she was hungry :) She tried several attempts and then went at it from the rear, which while not as easy was how she preferred to eat them until she was about 18 months old. Weird, weird girl she was :)

Back