• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please Help

mikehayn

:shrugs: I had 2 Albino Striped corns and unfortunately my female died. I still have the male and have since then purchased a pair of motleys. I was thinking of putting the male albino stripe with the female motley to try and get the strip trait out of the babies. The female motley is also hetro for albino... They are however from different bloodlines and I don't know how this will affect the offspring. Someone told me that with stripe and motley corns the genes are so similar it is possible to get stripe and motley out a combination like this, is this true or will I get normals het for stripe and motley?? Someone please help... Here are some pics of the snakes in question...

Attachments

• Stripe.jpg
    Stripe.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Motley.jpg
    Motley.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi there. I'm a bit of a beginner with the genetics, but I think you're most likely to get a combination of stripe and motley at the same time. You won't get any pure striped snakes out of breeding a striped with a motley.

Consulting my trusty Progeny Predictor, it tells me that crossing an Amel Stripe with a Normal Motley het Amel, will result in the following hatchlings:

50% Striped Motley Amels
50% Striped Motley Normals het Amel

The different bloodlines won't have any impact on the patterning of the snakes.

Anyways, I love the photos - those sure will be good-looking kids!

Striped Motley

This snake is from a motley x het motley. You never know what you can hatch!

Attachments

• Stripe.jpg
    Stripe.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 31
And this one is from motley x motley

Attachments

• bloody more corns 035.jpg
    bloody more corns 035.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18
The 2 snakes pictured together are from a stripe X motley "het stripe" (looks motley) and the other 2 are from a stripe (same as 1st) X motley (different and "pure" motley). I, personally, like the 2-pattern effect.

Back