• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please help..

Plums

Hi,

It seems as tho I am always posting with new probs to be resolved at the moment.

One of my boys has always had on & off consipation issues. Of late He is passing small amounts of blood when he goes to the toilet. it doesnt happen all the time infact it stopped for a while, but the last 2 times now he has passed blood.

Do you think i should get him to the vets asap ? or is this quite common ? I havent changed his eating pattern, & temps are all ok in the viv.

anyone got any ideas ?

thanks - a worried mum !

Yeah, thats what ever1 has said so i have booked him in..the ealiest was Friday. Im so worried now, i hope its nothing serious & its a minor prob like a tear and not a disease of some sort - I looked on internet for possible diagnoses.. there is nothing.. so i dont even have an idea.. :shrugs:

quick question...

Will 'Tu' b ok if i put him in a cotton bag on my lap for the short trip accross town to the vets ? if i keep him on my lap he will be warm enuff wont he ?

yeah, i know people who transport their adult snakes in pillow cases to the vet. just make sure you tie a tight knot so he cant sneak out. others use plastic totes with snap on lids.

Blood in the stool can be caused by amoebas, among other things. Your vet should be able to test for parasites. It can be fatal, so ASAP for sure!

If it is cold outside, put the snake bag next to your body, under you coat. That should help keep it warm.

Good luck!

Many Thanks Kathy - I like it when you respond - you are very well respected for your advice :wavey:

Back