• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pleasure to meet you :)

Ntkufreak

Still Snakeless
I'm a college student in Baltimore, MD, at an art school known as MICA. I'm currently studying illustration and hoping to get into concept art. :D

I've been wanting a snake for years and due to some serendipitous circumstances (moving into my own place + a friend's corns getting pregnant, LOL!), it looks like in a few months I'll finally have my first. I've owned dogs, horses, gerbils, anoles... but never a snake. I'm very excited about it! Of course, I still have a while to wait... but at least I'll have time to study up and prepare its enclosure. :)

The real test was helping her feed and making sure I could handle that, after all the stories I'd heard. ;) But not as bad as I'd thought!

A pleasure to meet you; this forum is awesome, guys! So much information!

Welcome to a great forum and community. I am sure you know that snakes/corns are addictive and you have a hard battle to only get one. Post pictures of you new baby once you get it!

I see that your signature says Still Snakeless. Are you female? Young and attractive?

2 out of 3 is crap when you miss the most important question.

OK, I guess you are welcome just the same. It's a great forum, you will enjoy it.

Caring for a corn snake ought to be a breeze compared to dogs, horses, gerbils and anoles. Corn snakes are awesome pets, and you won't believe how many gorgeous morphs are available these days! Welcome to the forum!

Hi there and Welcome :D I'm a college student as well, my major is teaching though lol but my school is awesome because we are required to take classes in 3 out of the 4 art areas (Art, Theater, Music, Dance). I would also like to warn you that corns are ADDICTING! lol. This past December on a whim I decided to get two for Christmas, being out of my parents house as well, my boyfriend and I thought it would be cool to own "A" snake LOL I got an Anery for him and a Snow for me. Now 5 short months later were up to 11 snakies, and we love them all :D I highly recomend Kathy and Billy Love's book "Corn Snakes A Comprehensive Owners Guide" it is packed with info and pictures. Here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Snakes-C...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270927069&sr=8-1

Also if you want to check out pics of a lot of the different color morphs this site rocks

http://iansvivarium.com/cornsnakemorphs.php

Don't be afraid to ask questions :D were here to help. Let us know when you get your baby and don't forget to post pics! Take care.

Welcome! Oh getting your snake from that clutch? Cool! Probably get a cute lil normal, always a chance of an anery though! Do let us know when you get your snakeling and show off some pics, we LUV pics here!

Hahaha -- I would have, but I've been pestering Dorgrim plenty about it in real life, despite the hatching being a few months from now :)) I felt bad calling her out here too LOL. But yes, it's from that batch. So excited!

Yes, someday I might look into some more exotic morphs, but these parents are healthy and beautiful. I thought it'd be good to start with something more easily obtained to begin with, then if I get into it (which I probably will!) I can go chase after rarer colors :D

I think horses and dogs will be somewhat more complicated, something you only have to feed once a week sounds like a nice change, LOL. And I'll of course post pictures in a few months, I doubt I'll be able to keep myself from doing so.

Thanks guys! Happy to be here!

Back