• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pleo-The next big toy!

Siren

I am getting my daughter one of these for Christmas. She really wants one and every Christmas I buy her a bunch of small things. So this year between the corn snake and this, she is getting two big things and some little stocking stuffers.

http://www.pleoworld.com/

And don't knock it till you read about. This is nothing like the robotic toys you see at stores now. This has true A.I. Tons of sensors, not buttons. And no remote control. It pretty much does what it wants like most pets, but it can be voice command trained to do a lot of tricks as well as be updated all the time via USB with new sounds, behaviors and motions.

LOL....I tried to get someone on another forum to get me one already :p

BTW, they are $350! Cheaper than Aibo at $2000, but still....damn. Hence why she is getting a snake and Pleo and that is pretty much it.

I just looked at it on Target.com $350.00 YOW am I reading it correctly 7.5 high. That like bringing Shaq to live in your house, but it says it only weighs 3.5 pounds, or is 7.5 inches????

definatley inches, i took a look at the sight, looks pretty amazing. short little thing but the A.I. technology in it is amazing. it's personality as you have it all depends on how you treat it. your daughter is lucky!

Thanks Live4TheLord. :) She told me "If Santa brings me nothing else but Pleo I would be so happy" and I was sold. I spent the last 3 weeks researching it. I've read every article, review and website. I've watched every video. I read the whole owner's manual PDF. I feel like a Pleo expert, lol. But at that price, I didn't just want to blow my money on a toy. I wanted to be sure was a "lifeform" like they said. Out of everything she could have, she wants a puppy. I can't find the time to deal with a puppy, so this is the next best thing :)

:rofl: I had my computer on mute before watching their little clip on them and forgot I had Kathy Love's probbing video in the background. I was like, 'they made this for kids...?'

They are saying this is the top toy of 2007. I don't agree with that. It will be the top toy of 2008 though. I am buying a first generation, next year it will be mass market made and be available in stores, right now, its only in a few online retailers. But I am sure when it is in store, the price will drop next year.

Back